Have you ever arrived at a performance only to discover that the singer has decided to change the key at the last minute? Sure, you could sit down and transpose your prepared charts, but that takes time: time that you might not have available at that moment.
And what about those folders of chord charts you have sitting on your shelf, taking up space? Surely there’s got to be a better system for storing all that sheet music.
Progressions is an app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, which allows you to store, organise and transpose simple chord charts, enabling you to use your device as a customised music display, or simply as a catalogue of the songs that you love to play.
You only need a basic understanding of chords for this app to transform the way you store written music, making the app perfect for beginners and professional musicians alike.
Charts are entered as completely free text, and can include song lyrics, notes about the song, shorthand instructions, section titles, etc. Progressions cleverly isolates the chords within the chart, allowing it to be transposed into any key you choose.
• Easily enter chord charts with lyrics or notes, or import text files.
• Create “sets” of charts for playing from in performances or practice sessions.
• Transpose charts to any key, on the fly.
• Print charts wirelessly using AirPrint.
• Send PDF copies of charts via email.
• Adjust display settings such as brightness, auto-lock and font size.
• Backup and restore your charts database.
It's been a long time coming, but I've given Progressions a little bit of love, by fixing some bugs and returning a feature that was removed when I rebuilt the app. iOS got dark mode, so in return, I give you light mode!
- When I rebuilt the app without including the choice between light and dark themes, I got a lot more email than I would've expected, so I felt like I needed to make it right by returning the feature. Choose between themes in Settings, or use the System option to dynamically change based on the Dark Mode option in iOS 13.
- There was a small issue causing huge problems on first launch, where the app would crash because it needed to update a back button that wasn't loaded up yet. Took care of it, no need to worry yourself any longer.
- The guide file wasn't being correctly included in the shipped app, which meant that if you tried to open the guide without internet, there'd be hell to pay. No one wants that, so I fixed it to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If you want to let me know about any issues, I'll be happy to hear from you. Either tweet at @progressionsapp, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll do what I can to help out.
Until next time!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I found Progressions about 3 years ago and have used it weekly since then. Brilliant for gigs and working with different vocalists.
I think this app is amazing, very happy with it.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.