Have you ever arrived at a performance only to discover that the singer has decided to change the key at the last minute? Sure, you could sit down and transpose your prepared charts, but that takes time: time that you might not have available at that moment.
And what about those folders of chord charts you have sitting on your shelf, taking up space? Surely there’s got to be a better system for storing all that sheet music.
Progressions is an app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, which allows you to store, organise and transpose simple chord charts, enabling you to use your device as a customised music display, or simply as a catalogue of the songs that you love to play.
You only need a basic understanding of chords for this app to transform the way you store written music, making the app perfect for beginners and professional musicians alike.
Charts are entered as completely free text, and can include song lyrics, notes about the song, shorthand instructions, section titles, etc. Progressions cleverly isolates the chords within the chart, allowing it to be transposed into any key you choose.
• Easily enter chord charts with lyrics or notes, or import text files.
• Create “sets” of charts for playing from in performances or practice sessions.
• Transpose charts to any key, on the fly.
• Print charts wirelessly using AirPrint.
• Send PDF copies of charts via email.
• Adjust display settings such as brightness, auto-lock and font size.
• Backup and restore your charts database.
Hello again! Just popping in with a much-requested feature addition, and a quality of life improvement for yours truly.
- Every few months, someone emails me to ask about support for page turners, and because I've never been able to track down any details on how they work, I've never managed to give a satisfactory response. Until now. I spent some time significantly improving Progressions' keyboard navigation, and so with that comes support for page turners that work by sending keyboard shortcuts. Sorry I'm so late to this particular party, everyone.
Thanks so much for using Progressions! If you have anything you'd like to mention to me, the best thing you can do is reach out: send an email to email@example.com or hit up @progressionsapp on Twitter. I want Progressions to be the best it can be, so I'm always happy to hear from you!
Ratings and Reviews
I found Progressions about 3 years ago and have used it weekly since then. Brilliant for gigs and working with different vocalists.
I think this app is amazing, very happy with it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Farrelly
- 4.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Daniel Farrelly
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.