With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
• See all your video clips and photos organised in one place
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
• Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
• Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
• Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
• Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side and green screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use colour controls
• Stabilise shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
• Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins and more
Share with friends and family
• Email videos with Mail Drop when signed into iCloud
• Share directly to YouTube and Vimeo at up to 4K resolution
• Share any video frame as an image
Create App Previews for the App Store
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
• Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
• Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4GB RAM. Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
• Fixes a display issue when adding titles to an App Preview movie for iPhone XS Max in landscape orientation
• Provides compatibility and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Crashing when opens
I’ve been using iMovie for a long time now and have had no problem with it up until today when it keeps crashing every time I try to open it. I’m reinstalling it to see if it will help but it’s rather disappointing as otherwise iMovie has been a create editing software for my videos.
This app is so good! It was hard for me at first but I got the hang of it. it’s not the best editor but it’s VERY good for it’s free price! I would totaly recomend this app to everyone. At first it would crash for me a few times, but one you use it more it won’t crash.
Sometimes it can take a while to load while starting up. That may just be my computer though.
I think this is amazing. I love editing with iMovie because it’s so easy and looks so effective!
Keeps Crashing & Audio fails
I use this to edit vidios for projects, and multiple times the audio has completly had a mind of its own, and no matter what i do i cant change it, i've used all the correct settings and everything yet it still either jumps from soft to really loud or the other way around. Its a watse of time, becuase in the end it always crashes and the end result is rubbish.
Recently my whole MacBook Pro also shut down due to iMovie, and i couldnt restart it for a while.
Its ok for a free editing software, but its not the standard you'd think it'd be, since it is an apple product.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 2.2 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or later
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.