Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for macOS provides an optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or away from Internet connections.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight and add notes to text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume and relax!
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper also offers an optional Instapaper Premium subscription for $2.99/month or $29.99/year. With Instapaper Premium you receive:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights and notes.
- Text-to-speech Playlist to seamlessly listen to multiple articles.
- Unlimited use of the speed reading feature to help you get through articles up to 3x faster.
On sign up for Instapaper Premium, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
Terms of service: https://www.instapaper.com/terms
* Introducing Note Search, now you can easily search all your notes with Instapaper Premium.
* The new Article Notes View lets you view all your notes from within an article by tapping "..." then "View Notes".
* Notes are now shown grouped by article by default. You can change this to most recent by tapping "..." then "Sort by Recent".
* Redesigned Note options menu to be faster and better designed.
* Brought back “Shuffle Sort” after receiving many requests since removing it in the previous release.
* Fixed “Share All Notes” not showing for email saves.
* Fixed language detection for text-to-speech.
* Other minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly useable and great design for reading
Lovely minimal and elegant design. A decent set of features that covers all the essentials. Send-to-Kindle integration. Solid reliability and stability. In essence everything to support doing lots of reading and nothing to distract.
I would like to see some more advanced features like tags, but they aren’t super necessary. The devs seem to be constantly working so manage they’ll get added in future. In the meantime the app is more than good enough.
Love the app but hate the scroll bar
I love using Instapaper and linking it with IFTTT to automatically add articles.
The one thing that is infuriating is that if you have scrolling enabled (which is the way I want to progress through an article), you can accidentally touch the scroll bar with your thumb as you scroll and you suddenly go shooting off in the complete opposite direction and lose your place. It would be so much better if there was an option to disable the ability to drag on the scroll bar. No other app I use has this behaviour so it is always a rude shock when it occurs in Instapaper
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know where you're experiencing some difficulty with Instapaper. We'll keep changes to scroll bar behavior in mind for the future.
The First Read Later App I Had and Still the Best
Back in 2010, I started my journey with Instapaper and I loved being able to find time to read articles in my busy day. The app had a simple interface and I loved picking up with an article where I left off.
I can't remember why I stopped using the app.
What brought me back to it was Tiago Forte's mention of it in his book, "Building a Second Brain." The app continues to keep its simple interface and has excellent new features, such as syncing highlights and notes to Evernote and allowing you to email in things you want to read later.
Simple, easy to use, with rich features.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Instant Paper, Inc.
- 18.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Instant Paper, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Instapaper Premium $9.99
- Instapaper Premium $99.99