For all the latest news from the Jewish world, and a specific focus on the Australian community, The Australian Jewish News iPad App allows you to download and view The AJN directly on your iPad. The App has the same look and feel as the Australian Jewish News newspaper, with all the same political, Israel, entertainment, sports, and arts content, but lets you take advantage of the latest digital technology to enhance the experience.
The Jewish News is offered to the reader as part of a subscription. Subscriptions to the Jewish News are offered for a number of different durations during which time all publications issued after the subscription date are available to the subscriber for downloading.
Subscriptions periods and their pricing are as follows:
7 Day AU$2.99
1 Month AU$11.49
3 Months AU$32.99
6 Months AU$59.99
1 Year AU$99.99
The subscriptions are auto-renewing subscriptions and will automatically renew unless the subscriber turns off auto-renewal after purchase via the subscriber's iTunes account settings. Details regarding auto-renewable are as follows: • Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• The subscriber's account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal prices are the same as the original subscription price.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms and conditions: https://www.jewishnews.net.au/tc
Minor bug updates and fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very good but can be improved
Unfortunately crashes often when trying to zoom into an article.
Also would be good if starts by showing the library instead of the store. The former is used most of the time, the latter just once a week.
Even better, start where I last stopped reading!
Not good enough!
Why change an app that works really well? I have a paid-up subscription that I can't access. I am really annoyed with developers who supposedly 'improve' and update good apps and remove functionality in the process. You could have emailed existing subscribers and warned them of the changes and subsequent limitations of the update. I suppose when a publisher has a monopoly in the marketplace they can do what they want and let the customers suffer the consequences.
Pages take wayyy to long to load - makes it near impossible to read as a paper. Often parts of the pages will look blurry for over 30 seconds.
No response from customer service when they were emailed - they also have a very high admin fee when cancelling subscriptions - so I'm stuck on a one year subscription.
Try to fix these problems in future updates! You could use lower resolution images. No one needs to zoom that much, and I'd they do, they probably aren't using an iPad.
- Rodney Kenning
- 44.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 The Australian Jewish News
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.