Luminary is a subscription podcast network, with original shows and music experiences from your favorite creators.
Access Luminary Original Podcasts you won't find anywhere else, like The Midnight Miracle with Dave Chappelle, yasiin bey, and Talib Kweli, Under The Skin with Russell Brand, The C-Word with Lena Dunham and Alissa Bennett, Spooked, The Roxane Gay Agenda, and many more. Plus special music experiences, exclusive releases, and the podcasts shows you already listen to and love.
Download the app and subscribe to Luminary for diverse voices, important stories and conversations, and hear your favorite creators as never before.
Features to enhance your listening experience:
• Personalized recommendations tailored to your tastes and listening habits.
• Our expert in-house editorial curation team program the app with culturally relevant content, keeping you up-to-date on the topics people are talking about.
• Pick up right where you left off on any podcast you've played recently, even across platforms.
• Robust search, with rich results including episodes and shows.
• Download your favorite podcasts offline, to listen on the go, in the air, or underground.
• Collect your favorite shows, get alerts for new episodes, and listen right from your home screen.
• Bookmark individual episodes, with drag and drop sorting to listen how you want.
• Change playback speed to hurry things up or slow them down. Podcasts at your pace.
• Stream podcasts to your favorite Airplay and Bluetooth devices, including smart speakers, wireless headphones, and home theaters.
• Let Luminary and your favorite podcast lull you to sleep. Set a sleep timer for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or the end of your current episode.
Information related to in-app purchases, subscriptions, and introductory free trial:
Free trials, if available, are for new subscribers only. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the end of trial period, or at confirmation of purchase if no trial is available. Subscriptions automatically renew, and account will be charged for renewal at your chosen plan’s price, plus applicable taxes, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you cancel or purchase a subscription. You can manage your subscription in your account settings in the App Store.
Terms of Service: https://luminarypodcasts.com/terms
Luminary now supports music, and for good reason! After 24 years, one of the greatest hip-hop duos of all-time, yasiin bey and Talib Kweli, have finally reunited as Black Star. Dropping May 3, listen to Black Star's new album, No Fear of Time, only on Luminary.
And while you wait, hear Black Star’s reunion story in a special Season 2 preview episode of The Midnight Miracle – winner of Apple Podcasts’ Best Shows and New York Times’ 10 Best Podcasts of 2021.
As always, hit us up at email@example.com any time with questions, concerns, or just to say hi. We're a friendly bunch.
Ratings and Reviews
I only got Luminary to listen to The C-Word Podcast by Lena Dunham!
I do benefit enormously (I’m a 45 happily not married art enthusiast who writes) from what Lena Dunham and Alissa Bennett have birthed through this bi weekly podcast (although sometimes they take an extended break and you have to wait months. There’s some other cool podcasts but I have to be selective and this one has me hooked. Well played, Luminary.
No more Brand
I really like Luminary and like having access to the shows you’ve on it (joined cos of Spooked and stayed on) but I feel frustrated with the app organisation- especially when searching for content using a single word and having to trawl through lots of episodes of shows including that word in the title. Homepage should be personalised or change also and instead I’m looking at Russel Brands face all the time? Like, I’ve never listened and I won’t- so please show me what else u got.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for leaving this review. We have received similar feedback regarding the layout of the Home Page and the search tool. I will share your feedback with the rest of the team with the intent to improve the app going forward. Please keep an eye out as we continue to build on the app.
Doesn’t work in Asia
Has some decent shows and I was (still am) keen to keep it, but it simply won’t work. I’ve had a long running dialogue with the Luminary support team who are very good with their excuses but when it comes down to it, it works 30% of the time and 70% of the time there’s an error message. They keep telling me it’s because I’m far from their servers... which is a bit odd given none of the other apps on my phone (including 3 other podcast players) work just fine. Nice idea for an app, pity about the quality.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luminary Media, LLC
- 105.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2022 Luminary Media, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Luminary Premium - Monthly $5.99
- Luminary Premium - Annual $44.99
- Luminary Premium - Annual $53.99