Microsoft Lens trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
You can use Microsoft Lens to convert images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitize printed or handwritten text, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device. You can even import images that are already on your device using Gallery.
PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
• Scan and upload all your notes, receipts, and documents
• Capture whiteboard at end of the meeting to keep those action items on track
• Scan printed text or handwritten meeting notes to edit and share later
• Keep your business networking contacts handy by scanning business cards and saving them to your contact list
• Choose to save as PDF, Image, Word or PowerPoint formats into OneNote, OneDrive, or local device as location
PRODUCTIVITY AT SCHOOL
• Scan classroom handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote
• Scan handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
• Take a picture of the whiteboard or blackboard to reference later, even if you're offline
• Keep class notes and your own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
Support to reorder images
Performance Improvements and Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Brainstorm meetings can often be mayhem, but the notes don’t have to be. Along with capturing regular ol’ documents, this scanning app erases glare from shots of your meeting’s whiteboard. It also transforms your scans into editable Word and PowerPoint files. We see this mighty scanner tidying up other parts of our lives too—as an archival tool for jumbled receipts, handwritten recipes and our kids’ doodles.
Very good app, but requires a debug
Sometimes, when photographing a page, and the red frame correctly borders the entire text, the photo processor cuts out half the page, which renders the photo useless. (Perhaps this occurred because the page was highlighted?) Sometimes it takes several reshoots until success. If that continues to happen an otherwise excellent app will be rendered unusable.
Fantastic for student notes
Accurate and easy to use. I use this app to scan handouts and documents as a PDF’s or jpg’s to drop quickly into notability, goodnotes 5, Nebo and elsewhere. Even if the original quality is average most times I can get a usable image. I can snap an image quickly, (best with the flash if possible to eliminate shadows). The app squares it up. I save it to the photo roll and drop it where I want. The pics are sharp, clear and colour accurate (mostly) Ready for mark up notes, signatures or what ever I need. I’ve tried others. Nothing comes close. I don’t use the ocr or whiteboard function so I cant comment on that. No subscription needed, no ads. Full functionality comes if you use Word and PowerPoint. Best I’ve found for my needs. It’s become an important part of my daily workflow. (I use the app on an iPad Pro and iPad 7 with the plastic stick)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 54.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.