NAIPS for iPhone & iPad. Download pilot weather and notam information direct from Airservices Australia. Features include:
* Submit Flight Notification (up to 3 stages)
* Amend/Cancel flight plans
* SARTIME Notification
* Location Briefing
* Charts (eg. SigWX & Grid Pt Winds)
* Wind/Temp profile
* Area Briefing
* First/Last Light
* Dial AWIS phone numbers
* Location Directory
* Custom divert briefing
Why not use the airservicesaustralia.com website? With NAIPS for iPhone you can:
* Save briefings for viewing offline/airborne.
* Quickly update briefings
* Submit or amend flight plans in the cockpit before takeoff.
* Use your GPS Location to get the closest airfields & restricted areas.
* Downloads text only for very fast speeds
* Automatic login (you need your own login though)
* Save Aircraft & Route details for flight notifications & SARTIMES.
* Print or email your met/notams
* Push notifications send you a message when there is new weather out for your destination
Note: Requires a free login from www.airservicesaustralia.com/naips to work.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com
This application is not associated with Airservices so please don't ask them any questions about using this app. Once downloaded, there are no other charges to use NAIPS.
- Improved Charts 'Update' for individual charts
Ratings and Reviews
Continuous connection errors
I've had this app for years and it's been great. But current version just gets "% Connection error keep trying a few more times" when doing a location brief. Unusable.
Edit: I found out why this was happening. Somehow during an update the option to use mobile data was turned off. But most apps tell you that you need to turn mobile data on. Instead I just got the above error. Support for this app is hard to find, as all support links lead to their other app OzRunways.
Who doesn’t use this?
This is one of the best operational aviation apps around. Easy to use and receive updates as the day progresses. The only thing I’d like to see, seeing airservices wouldn’t never spend a dime making any product better, is an ability to prioritise notams into very import, good to know and ‘who cares’ (another crane outside the splays). Very important operational information is often buried in the middle and given limited flight planning time is very easy to miss. The latest ozRunways has introduced something similar and would be great to see that functionality brought across to the NAIPS app.
Very helpful app has a couple of draw backs
The app is great because you can save the NOTAMS and the weather and view them offline but I was just wondering if you guys are going to add GAFS to the area briefing because it is very annoying having to go to the website to get the GAFS. But on a while it is a good easy to use app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OzRunways Pty. Ltd.
- 26.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 OzRunways Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.