*An App Store 2016 Best App of the Year*
Take notes, add files, create checklists and sketches, record audio, and capture moments using Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mac apps, plus a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
- Scan business cards, documents, and more.
- Sketch ideas and take hand written notes using your finger or Apple Pencil with the sketch note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls headline or page title, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
- You can organize various notes into notebooks.
- Notes can be grouped together.
- You can reorder your notes within a notebook.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Take a note on one device, add to it from another.
- Swipe your notebook or note card for additional information.
- Pinch to group note cards into a stack.
- Flick to find the note cards you need.
- In landscape view, pinch to fold note cards like an accordion.
- Change the color of your note cards.
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own.
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Lock individual notebooks and notes with TouchID or a passcode.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Audio notes are automatically text searchable.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage.
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes.
- Jot a note before it slips your mind with Quick Actions, using 3D Touch.
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar.
-Drag and drop notes and content across apps from Split View and Slide Over
-Take notes in Split View on iPad Pro
NOTEBOOK FOR APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes from your Apple Watch.
- Scribble notes on your Watch.
- View recently created notes on your Watch.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
- Share your notes through email and other options.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
We've got a new update in Notebook.
- You can now share your notes with your peers and friends with edit access. Only one person can edit the note at any time. Others have to wait till the user had finished editing.
- Create new notes from note card versions.
- Users using Notebook without a Zoho account can now use Versions for their File and Contact Cards.
We've also fixed a few bugs and made some enhancements to the app. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with your feedback and suggestions. You can also follow us at @zohonotebook on Twitter to get periodic updates about Notebook
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can’t help it!!
So I write a lot of stuff. I originally write a lot on (IOS) Notes and it really takes a lot of my phone storage because of the amount I written. Not to brag or anything but to give you an example, I had written over 150 notes. And being able to move all of that to Zoho changed at things all in a good way! Not only it reduced the GB it was taking up in my storage space, Zoho was able to sync and storage the amount of stuff I written AND still work flawlessly without delay... not ONLY is that amazing but it was a LIFESAVER so thank you so so very much! I like to let you guys know I really appreciate it! Although there are little stuff I like to change, but overall it’s already good enough that I don’t really care or mind it.
And as a side note, I really hope in the nearby future you don’t suddenly stop working.
Lacks some fundamental features
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to keep items WITHIN check lists arranged the way you want. Take shopping lists for example. Once an item is crossed out and then uncrossed, it goes back to the end of the list. So if you have long lists and you want your items ordered in a particular way (ex. Alphabetically) that won’t be possible to achieve, as when items are uncrossed out they won’t return to the place you’d assigned them in your list in the first place and that is incredibly frustrating, unless you have very short lists (in which case that could be done manually, and also in which case why would you need a list at all?). If the idea is to make the user’s life easier with lists that can be used over and over again, not having this feature built in the app is a terrible blunder.
The app should include other features such as different ways of ordering items within a check list (alphabetically as mentioned before, but also by priority, etc...). If you’re serious about using check lists, being able to order your items in different ways is a must.
Developer Response ,
We value your concern. We will look into this from our end and get the same addressed in the future updates of the app. Please bear with us until then.
WHAT A GEM
Cannot honestly find any fault in this little gem whatsoever. So simple and easy to use and is 100% better than apps that come already installed on devices that do the same job but are so complicated. Honestly school kids would love this app. I am really glad I installed it and deleting other apps now on my ipad that do the job but are not so user friendly as this one. I have to ask people with complaints just what do they want for free because this has everything. Congrats to the very clever developers on a super job. Love, love, love 💕❤️💖💓👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zoho Corporation
- 201 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.