Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the spreadsheet with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow what they edit
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, doughnut and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tick boxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
- Improved performance when inserting rows and columns in large tables
Ratings and Reviews
Data manipulation and Copy of Tables Problems
1. I would like a feature like in Excel for Transposing of Data by copy and special paste type function. I find I always need to go back to Excel because of the cumbersome way this is done in Numbers and it is a feature most people like and use everyday.
2. In-addition, I always have to refer to Excel when copying tables from PDF or Website and Other documents because Numbers just produces a single column.
Excel on the other hand reproduces the table structure and data in correct table columns and the data is there for me to use, I can then copy to Numbers, but I don’t want to have to go the Excel and then back to Numbers.
Improving, still great value
As a teacher I have had to work with both Numbers and Excel. For the most part, it is not that difficult to move between the two and since many of my students have Macs it is necessary to be able to help them work in each. The fact that Numbers comes with the OS and is constantly updated, essentially for no cost, it is an excellent and powerful choice. The number of features that Numbers currently 'lacks', is sometimes inconvenient but rarely does it actually halt student progress. I always show my classes the operations in Numbers and Excel so as to encourage them to be 'bilingual' and not stuck in the 'Excel only' mindset.
More than I paid for
NOTE: a lot of peope rate Numbers high b ut few have written reviews. So her4e's one.
Buy a new Mac or iPad and you get the operating system, Plus you get Numbers, Pages, Keynote and a ton of other stuff. FREE.
By the way, I've been using and teaching Apple and Microsoft products since 1990.
OK, Numbers doesn't presently do some of the finer detail that Excel will do, but what it does do it does with style and grace.
When my older version of Microsoft Office became too dated to run with the latest MacOS I was delighted to move entirely across to Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Bravo!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 253.4 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2022 Apple Inc.