A standalone podcast player for Apple Watch.
Leave your phone at home and browse, download and play podcasts while you're on the go.
* Search for podcasts directly on your Apple Watch
* Download episodes over wi-fi or cellular*
* Play podcasts when you have AirPods or compatible Bluetooth headphones/speaker connected.
* Create a playlist, so the next episode automatically starts playing, even when the Outcast is in the background.
* View episode chapters (for podcasts that support chapters)
Additionally, you can:
* Browse and manage episodes directly from your phone
* Add the complication to your Apple Watch face for real-time progress and full color artwork
* Adjust skip forward/backward duration
* Adjust playback duration
* Export/import your list of podcasts in OPML format
Note: Downloading over cellular when not connected to your phone requires cellular Apple Watch and activated data plan.
Question? Email email@example.com
* Fixes an issue that caused certain podcast episodes to crash the app
* Adds support for chapters
* Playback progress is now synched to phone
* Ability to see finished episodes on phone
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, but some feedback
I love this app. I love the whole thing. It’s awesome.
I get annoyed tho because sometimes it saves where I’m up to on a podcast listen through my watch and then sometimes it doesn’t. When that’s a 3 hour podcast and you’re 2 hours plus in that’s really annoying to work out manually. Especially when I’m often trying to manage the whole watch on a walk with two dogs. I do love the app tho. Just that one thing would push it into the stratosphere.
A great stop forward in podcast apps
I’ve read how hard it is to get a Podcast app on the Apple Watch due to the Watch OS limitations, and it looks like a huge amount of work has gone into this. Due to Apple limitations you can’t control the podcast volume through the app itself (but can in Now Playing). This app really does mean you can go out with just your Watch and Bluetooth headphones and download and listen to your favourite podcasts. Unlike another Watch Podcast app I’d used you can multitask (e.g. Start the Podcast and then start a Runkeeper activity). Thanks to the Developer Response I now know that if you force touch, you can control a bunch of useful settings Speed, Download over Cellular, Skip Duration, Notifications, Scrubbing Speed, etc. Note that even in fully featured Podcast players on the iPhone like Pocketcasts, you can’t use the Watch Crown to scrub forward/back, so being able to do with just a Watch app is incredible.
Thanks Crunchy Bagel; their Streaks app is great too
Developer Response ,
Thanks! You can in fact change playback speed: force touch on the "now playing" screen, and select "Rate". You can speed up or slow down playback from there.
Awesome app that makes your watch worthwhile
I love this app. Pure and simple. I never really review things but I felt compelled. I enjoy listening to podcasts whilst running and this has made it not only possible but really easy.
There are some reviews talking about problems downloading podcasts that clearly haven’t the instructions about how to do it probably (disconnecting from phone). Once you have this sorted it downloads really quickly.
Great work. Love it. Thx!
- Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
- 44.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2019 Crunchy Bagel Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.