Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, graphs and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or with your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up-to-date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built straight into Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side-by-side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Precise editing controls in the Arrange Inspector for adjusting the look and placement of objects
• Onscreen keypads for entering exact values for text size, spacing, table size and more
• Ability to add or remove objects or table cells from a selection by tapping or dragging across them
• Setting to always open documents in edit mode
• Ability to add phone number links to table cells, text objects and shapes
Ratings and Reviews
New Update is Terrible
I loved Pages and have been using it for three years now. I like to write creative stories and it was great to have an app automatically downloaded onto my device so I could do just that. The way the thumbnails were organised was nice (plus you could change the way it was aligned), and you could sort by now you wanted things ordered (name, size, date, etc).
However, for some reason, these features have been removed in the new update? Unless I’m missing something, there is now no way to change the way the thumbnails are set and how to sort your documents. The new layout is atrocious and turns me off. I hate how small and cluttered it all looks now, this wouldn’t even be an issue if it was customisable! I used to be able to sort my stories form oldest so that I could look back and read my old work to see my improvement. Before I could just tap a simple button and boom! Sorted. Now I have to manually find my old work, which is way less efficient.
If these features haven’t been removed and I’m just being stupid, then I humbly take back what I have said and apologise. But until I’m corrected or these wondrous features come back, I am sadly going to have to find an alternate for Pages.
For Apple Pencil Users
I have one problem with this app which is the support Apple Pencil receives. I use iPad Pro 1st gen and with the original Apple Pencil.
Suggestions to Apple with regards with what’s missing and should be added to their app:
I love writing notes but I do wish to have more options for different “brushes”. I would like an option for there to be more than one option on the bottom tool bar at any one time of the same thing! What do I mean by this you might be asking? I mean I would like to have a red blue and black pen in the tool bar at the same time instead of having to use the colour menu to reselect a colour every time, this is a work flow issue I’ve noticed. Would love PDF support for the app too. I hope that one day support for gestures is added such as holding the Apple Pencil in a spot for a while puts it in line mode allowing the drawings of straight line. A ruler with measurements would be a great addition. Graph and line paper inserts would be amazing. Quick shape which a tool in Procreate where if you create a shape when drawing and hold it down the app recognises the shape it resembles and creates a perfectly straight or curved lines for the shape (look at Procreate quickshape for reference).
Great but ARGH!!!!
This app is sooo incredible and offers so many features that most word documentation apps dont. Very easy to invoke creativity and really caters to the expression of creativity.
HOWEVER, my biggest problem that I have found is the fact that I CANNOT rename documents (the app says the feature is not supported) and I cannot delete old, unused documents.
I’m specifically using pages for my business creations and have many things to create yet it is becoming very difficult already when I cannot rename things or delete old unwanted documents. Majority of them are when I’m playing around with different templates and testing new features. Not even in files can I rename or delete, please help!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 491 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2021 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.