Documents that stand apart
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, résumés, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, graphs and shapes. Use comments, change tracking and highlights to review your work.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you and view other people’s cursors to follow their changes
• See a list of recent updates in collaborative documents, including when people join, comment and make changes
• Available for documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Create beautiful documents
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, résumés, cards, posters and more
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word and paragraph counts
• Use powerful graphics tools including image background removal and masking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with EndNote* for inserting citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, RTF, TXT and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* EndNote sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Export and send a copy of your document in a different format directly from the Share menu
• Templates for reports, notes, letters and résumés now include placeholder text with instructions
• Includes improvements and bug fixes for mail merge and collaboration activity
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing, but new lag...
Ive been using Pages for years now, and its always been my number one. it works for both computer and iPad, which makes it very convinient. Until recently, when I was typing up a doc for a project when it just stopped. I couldnt exit the app, nor make any changes whatsoever. I figured out that by bringing up the bar and switching to a diffrent app (such as Safari in my case) would close Pages. I attempted updating the app, which fixed it for about a day. when I went to use it next, it quit working once again, same as before. Im not suree wheather or not its something to do with my computer, or Pages itself.
I do recomend Pages to anyone, but I would love some help regarding this issue. I even searched up what to do and forced quit the app, which did nothing at all.
Pages via iPad
I’m no computer whizz by any stretch, so perhaps it’s “my bad” and in this I stand to be educated. However, in the early days when I first adopted “Pages” and used it to manage table reports whilst on the move via my iPad, I was really pleased with its performance. Structuring the tables via the iPad was more that awkward and messy, but I worked my way around that by structuring the required tables via my iMac, and using my iPad to fill in the required text whilst out and about with my work. But then an update. And typing text to the tables via iPad is a LONG, SLOW, CHORE. I type and then have to wait, for half or even for a full minute, before the text catches up with me. ‘click click click’ is what I hear, as grindingly slowly, the text, one letter, one key stroke, painstakingly (unbearably!) interspersed with at least one full second’s pause between each, finally sees the sentence I’ve written. Then I can proceed with the next row of text. At each update, I hoped this would be rectified but it doesn’t happen. So, Pages …… is it me? If it is, I’d appreciate it if you would tell me what it was I DIDN’T do for this grindingly slow advent to typing to table to have occurred. Otherwise, I think the app is excellent and I’m certain I do not use it to its fullest potential.
Getting slowly better
The new updates are gradually getting better but overall the old Pages app is still better and I still use it in preference to Pages 6. Linked text… finally!! A little more complicated then it needs to be (the older version Pages 4 is better). When I saved my Pages 6 document to a pdf it did not show the correct text in the linked boxes. In Pages it looked fine… saved as a pdf it was wrong. My solution? Do the whole document again in the old version. Disappointing I must say. I would also like to be able to use the arrows to nudge text boxes into position. Pages 6… cannot do it. Pages 4… easily done.
My previous review:I cannot believe Apple destroyed a great software Pages09! No longer can you just right click a thumbnail and copy, delete or capture; text boxes do not link; formating box is huge and no longer floats; tables are difficult to move and format and… it ruined my previously saved Pages 09 documents - removed graphics in text/graphic boxes. DO NOT upgrade! I have already deleted Pages 5 and restored my Pages 09 from iWorks.
I used to ‘brag’ to my PC friends who had to use Microsoft Word… as Pages was so much easier to use… but not now… shame.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 289.5 MB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2023 Apple Inc.