Perisher is your unique and comprehensive guide to Perisher, all at your fingertips.
• See which runs are groomed and which closed. Locate yourself on the Perisher trail map — not a hard-to-read GPS map.†
• Share your location on the mountain with friends, and see your friends' locations on the trail map.†
• Record your runs and log vertical metres and distance. If you have an Apple Watch, record your runs as a workout and see your workout in the Health app. Display your tracks and replay your runs on the trail map. Email images to friends, post them to Facebook and other social media, or view them in Google Earth. Send your logs to a leaderboard and compare vertical and distance with others at the resort.†
• Find up-to-date information about the mountain, including snow conditions, weather, and snowcam images.
• Get up-to-the-minute lift status information.
• Quickly find information about lessons and other programs and amenities.
• Easily locate and contact key places at the resort with the built in directory.
• Learn about events from the events calendar.
• Get the latest news from Perisher via the resort's Twitter feed and Facebook posts.
† Location and Logging services require a GPS-equipped device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Updated for the new season.
• New 3d display of tracks.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for what you need.
As with any App. There are pros and cons. But let’s face it. This is not claiming to be an App that your life depends on. It has all the stats that I need so at the end of the day after a cold beer or rum I can check out what I did. The photos on that jump are awesome and more of that stuff would create a better user experience and interaction. Weather could be a bit more detailed and less promotional. Overall tho. I spend my time snowboarding and having fun. The app simply makes my experience more fun and if you don’t rely on an app as an influencer of your satisfaction level then it’s well worth it.
Professionally run resort with knowledgeable, friendly staff
Spent the last week of the 2020 season at Perisher with myself (father), two young adult children plus one of their friends, one teenage child and one 10 year old. We were lucky with a snow dump of 50 cm the day before we arrived and 4 days of excellent weather with the other days being OK weather wise. Mountain is well set up, ski lifts in excellent condition, snow making second to none. We had great skiing and snowboarding. I found the mountain to be run to high professional standards. A real standard out though was the staff. From the ski instructors (we booked about 10 personal lessons across our group), the cafe staff, the ski lift staff, to the ski hire and ticket office - friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, seemed happy in job and also offered discounts where possible. Very impressed. Parking was easy too. Only gripe is that unlike Europe and New Zealand you can’t take teenage kids for a beer and educate them about drinking responsibly - instead the bar staff are very focussed on the age of people consuming alcohol at their premises. This is a shame as it robs parents of being able to spend one on one time with their teenage children showing them responsible drinking. But this a gripe with Australia’s liquor laws not Perisher which, as said, we were very happy with.
Poorly written and usability low
We were at Perisher mid-August 2020. This season they no longer have paper trail maps. This means you need to get your phone out, turn up the brightness, gloves off etc to see where you are. It’s far more serious to drop your phone from the chairlift than a paper map. Using it more often, plus the location tracking, means your battery won’t last a full day. That, in turn, means you can’t then ring friends to catch up.
It’s difficult to find out a detailed weather forecast too. There is a 2-3 word summary but knowing what is going to happen weather wise is important.
The lift report also never worked. It always showed 0 lifts open. No amount of phone restarting or re-installing the app helped. Others in our group had the same issue. Ironically it is working now I’m back home.
Generally usability of the app is poor with one going around in endless circles.
Try to find a phone number to ring Perisher? Forget it. You need to send an email and they respond 7 days later
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Resorts Tapped LLC
- 51.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010-21 Resorts Tapped LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.