Plex is your home for free TV and movies, giving you access to 80+ live channels and thousands of on-demand titles from around the world. Stream music, podcasts, news, and more, all wrapped in a beautiful interface. No other free streaming service delivers more content to more countries, all without a subscription.
• Thousands of FREE movies and TV shows from Oscar™ award-winning movies to cult classics, anime, documentaries, family-friendly shows, and much more from around the world.
• Live TV: Enjoy 80+ channels of free live programming—instantly. From food to news to sports to kids to international content, there's something for the whole family.
• Watch Together: Effortlessly watch Plex with friends and family across the globe. No counting down to press play at the same time. Start and stop simultaneously.
• All your personal media: Stream your own photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV to any device in a beautiful, simple interface. Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
• Web series, news, and podcasts on demand: Watch unlimited, on-demand streaming of the best-curated web channels and get personalized news and trusted video from over 190 global publishing partners. Discover new podcasts and enjoy variable speed playback, 30-second skip, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status meaning you can pick back up where you left off on any device.
• With you wherever you go: With Plex apps on virtually every platform and device, you can take all your news, TV, and internet entertainment on the go.
Visit our site for more information.
Note: Playing media from a personal Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, you can get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase to remove these limitations. If you have a Plex Pass or you’ve already purchased the app through the App Store, you do NOT need to purchase again! Your previous purchase will be automatically detected. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders are not supported.
The app offers (but does not require) a Plex Pass In-App Purchase. Plex Pass is available for the equivalent of US$4.99 charged monthly to your iTunes Account, charged yearly for the equivalent of US$39.99, or as a one-off lifetime payment for the equivalent of US$149.99. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Account at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, charged at the same rate for renewals. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Add support for Dolby Vision video playback.
- Customize your app with a choice of app icons. (Plex Pass only)
- Improved 2FA code entry screens.
- This release requires Plex Media Server 1.18.3 or newer.
- Long filter titles could sometimes overlap with other text.
- Updated alert dialog interface.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Long time happy user, nothing compares to the simplicity and power
I’ve been a plexpass member since it went live and was using the beta version for years before. I’ve got my family and friends all setup with their own Plex instances and access seamlessly to my library. All my media in one place, available instantly on every Apple TV in the house, every ones iPads and iPhones, in the car when on the road and remotely connected when staying with friends. Every new release unlocks a trove of new functionality, and bugs are fixed very quickly with a great and large user support base. Plex team is A1. Miss my emails from Barkley though
Plex is not worth your money
I’ve been a plex pass member for about 2 years and I have the plex lifetime subscription. Plex used to be quite a good solution for managing personal media but it has only gotten worse and worse over time. Issues I frequently encounter are: clients not being able to connect to the server, EXTREMELY slow loading times for things like displaying a single photo (I’m talking minutes), videos downloaded to devices not playing properly, camera upload failing to upload new photos, app becoming unresponsive after pausing playback and generally a laggy UI all around. The server I’m running plex on is very powerful (it has a Xeon E5 CPU) and my network is capable of gigabit speeds so there are no bottlenecks here that are affecting performance. My advice to anyone thinking of paying for plex - save your money, it’s really not worth it. There are simply far too many issues to justify it and it seems like many of these issues will never be fixed because I’ve been experiencing some of them for years.
It mostly ok. Needs better Chromecast and subtitle support
Use extensively for casting media from a local Plex Media Server to a Google Chromecast. Ironically that seems to the Plex app’s weak spot. It you pause a show and come back after some time, Plex can’t or won’t communicate with the Chromecast, even though it will either display on the TV the show or the Plex “ready to cast” screen. I have to close the playing show and then (optionally browse to the show) hit play on the episode from the season list. I’ve also notice sometimes it can’t find the Chromecast, yet it shows up on other iOS devices. Sometimes it will claim to be casting, but the chrome cast doesn’t receive/process requests from the Plex app
Why can’t I use the Plex app to fetch a new subtitle file. Say from OpenSubtitles or similar? Have a look at Infuse app and see how useful it is.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Plex Inc.
- 169.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2011 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) $7.99
- Monthly Plex Pass $7.99
- Yearly Plex Pass $60.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.