My QuitBuddy helps you get, and stay, smoke free. It’s with you through the hardest times with helpful tips and distractions to overcome cravings; tracking systems to chart your progress and all the facts you need to understand the impact smoking has on your health.
Better still, My QuitBuddy is easily customised. You can determine whether you’re ready to quit right now or whether you’re intending to do so soon. You can set your own goals, the reasons you’re quitting, include photos and recordings of loved ones and even add buddies you can call upon in times of need.
- An option to ‘Quit Now’ or prepare to ‘Quit Later’
- My Goals: set your goals and add the support you need to achieve them
- Daily Message: for the first 30 days, you’ll receive a useful tip when you open the app
- Danger Times: nominate your danger times and My QuitBuddy gets in touch to keep you on track
- Alerts: a series of scheduled alerts (such as "Congratulations, it’s been two weeks!") keep you on track
- Visual icons: view your daily progress including how much money you’ve saved
- Distract Me: when craving, My QuitBuddy helps with a range of distractions
- Remind Me: a personalised slideshow reminds you why you decided to quit and to stay focused on your goal
- Community: read helpful messages from other people who are quitting and leave your own for others to read
- Quitline: call the Quitline directly on 13 7848 from the app
- Buddy Up: Nominate friends or family who you can call in the tough times
Quitting smoking can be difficult but My QuitBuddy is here to help you every step of the way. Designed to deliver you support in a way best suited to you, for you to get quit and stay quit.
Be sure to update the app regularly as we will continue to add new features based on your feedback.
Improvements to background logging.
Ratings and Reviews
Helped me STOP
I love this app ! The moment I put my goals in and took a photo of my daughter as my motivation to stop smoking - it worked like a charm and I thank the makers of this app because it really helped me as
I’d go into this app on a daily basis and look at the photo and think of my daughter - plus all the other useful tips it gives you about your body’s recovery as what stage you are at - If you are still smoking those nasty god forsaken cigarettes that cost an arm and a leg and keep going up and up in cost - then I plead with you to download the app RIGHT NOW and take your first step to a healthier life - trust me you want this life !
Urgent upgrade required!!!
- The community section is the main way of giving and receiving support. This used to be a great but some anonymous users are deliberately deleting people's posts by hitting 'report' ( can easily accidentally hit report as well as it's positioned too close to where users scroll down to read messages) and leaving very unhelpful and hurtful messages. This is causing existing users to leave and preventing new ones from joining. Users have been leaving feedback in the appropriate section of the app and emailing the Commonwealth Department of Health Quitnow Campaign since 2017 ( now May 2018). Things have not improved - When you reply to a message and its too long it notifies you that it's too long but then deletes the reply and you have to start all over again. Very frustrating. - Needs more distracting games as there is only fruit sorter. - If the Australian Commonwealth Government Department of Health are serious about reducing smoking rates they would listen to concerns and suggestions for improvements and upgrade this app urgently!
Really helpful app to give up smoking
I was a smoker for 29 years and for the last 10 years giving up smoking was my new year’s resolution, I was just fooling myself, the craving was just too much for me to give up, when I was smoking, if I had only a few cigarettes left, I was starting to panic and I urgently need to buy more, I just don’t have the willpower to give up. But this year, I went to a doctor and she prescribed me a medicine to give up smoking, together with the help of this app, it’s really helping me to stay quit and it’s also good to see the health benefits and the money you saved, it’s really motivating.
- Australian National Preventive Health Agency
- 20.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Australian National Preventive Health Agency
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.