The SBS News app delivers breaking news and top stories from Australia and around the world. Download the SBS News app today and never miss big news moments.
• iOS 14 Widget – get all the latest news at a glance from your Home Screen
• Live Video - watch live streaming of news events, the SBS World News bulletin and SBS’s flagship current affairs programs Insight and Dateline
• Related stories and topics – go deeper on stories of interest with related editorial recommendations and topics on each story
• Browse national or world news, or both – with separate national and world news sections, the choice is yours
• Push notifications – receive breaking news alerts, key news updates and daily news notifications
• Share - send stories to your social networks or email/SMS to a friend
• TV Guide - Find out when your favourite News programs are broadcast on the SBS TV network
Included in this build is an improved video live streaming user experience. Also included, are general bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app for broad range of news
Major fault when using on my iPhone X. When you open the news item, the return arrow in top left corner of the screen is very hard to activate and if there is a video at the top of the story it usually opens tether returning to the listing of news items. Often need to close the app to go to the next item.
Developer Response ,
Hi John of Rydalmere,
We released an update this morning (4.1.9) to resolve the issue where users were unable to return to the main screen using the back arrow.
You can also contact us via email@example.com
Not a fan 👎
Highly reliant on video content after introductory heading.
Personally, I’d rather read articles at my own pace, which is somewhat faster than waiting for videos to load (which often they don’t), then scrubbing through videos to get to the meat of the story.
This app was quickly relegated to the second group page of news apps, and eventually deleted, after deciding to give it one more chance to impress.
The only positive?
I don’t have to listen to presenters trying pronounce foreign names or places as though it were their native language.
It’s painfully obvious presenters can’t speak Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, French, ad infinitum, so why pretend you can.
Makes you look the class nurd trying painfully hard to impress others, and failing.
Hearing the US film director Martin Scorsese’s name pronounced in some unfathomable way that I’m sure even Mr Scorsese wouldn’t understand, was when I stopped watching SBS news on TV.
I had hoped this app would be closer to what SBS was some years ago, when Lee Lin Chin didn’t pretend to speak anything other than English.
Browsing the negative reviews, there’s no developer replies. Speaks for itself 💤
Return arrow still does not work!
Despite this being raised over a year ago, and despite a fix supposedly being issued, this basic function still does not work. Try going back to the previous page, it’s almost impossible. And if you launched the sbs app using the “search” function, then it’s even worse as the “return to search” function now competes with the return arrow. The developers should be sacked as this is a basic function that they can’t even get right!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.