Spydus Mobile is your anywhere 24/7 library. Search your library for books, e-books, movies, music and more. And once you’ve found what you are looking for, you can download, save, or reserve the items. The Spydus Mobile “Discover” feature has suggested reading such as featured lists, new arrivals, and personalised recommendations. It’s your library in the palm of your hand.
• Search for items, and reserve the ones that interest you
• View your loans, reservations, and payments
• Update your personal details
• Manage multiple library memberships
• Download e-books and e-audio books
• Save lists of favourite items for later
• “Discover” – reading lists, featured items, recommendations for you
• Use your camera to scan an ISBN in a bookstore to check if your library has copies
• Issue your own items within the library by scanning the library barcode (check if your library allows this)
Note: This app is only compatible for libraries using Spydus software – contact your library to confirm that it’s set up for you to use
•Introduced support for digital library cards, if your local library supports it.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is certainly easier to use on a phone than the website. It isn't as easy to use as the best apps but it gets the job done.
Having access to your account details is handy too ( I didn't know I had an outstanding fine!)
There is no facility to provide feedback to the developer so here is a bug:
- When you login you must enter your user ID or password using the keyboard otherwise the "Login button" doesn't activate. This is a problem if you use a password manager and want to paste in your password.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.