Get the sharpest news coverage from South Australia, Australia and the world with the reimagined Advertiser app. Here’s what you’ll love:
24/7 NEWS YOU CAN TRUST
Get access to the latest news and biggest stories as they happen, 24 hours a day, seven days a week from our team of award-winning journalists in Adelaide and right across the globe.
CUSTOMISE YOUR NEWS FEED
Set your local news area, follow journalists and topics, plus your favourite sporting codes and teams. All of your customised preferences will appear on the home screen so you can get straight to what matters to you.
NOTIFICATIONS TAILORED TO YOU
Receive up-to-the-minute alerts on the news you’ve asked for. Tailor your notifications from a range of topics from breaking news, sport and entertainment to business updates and lifestyle.
READ TODAY’S PAPER ON YOUR DEVICE
Read the paper anytime, anywhere with the digital replica of today’s newspaper. Access the past 14 back issues, and all your favourite liftouts like Escape, body+soul and Stellar magazine.
DISCOVER MORE THAN JUST NEWS
Our app is packed with loads of extra features so you’re always in the know and entertained with daily Podcasts, Sudoku and Crosswords.
So, whether you’re interested in the latest news, politics, crime, opinion, entertainment gossip, NRL or other major sports, this app has got you covered.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features:
1) Members to The Advertiser can log in to the app when prompted using their membership details; or,
2) Become a member by subscribing through the app (via iTunes) for just $14.99 per month for the first 3 months. After the first 3 months, subscriptions will automatically renew to $29.99 per month.
• The subscription period will automatically renew unless turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account with the subscription price of $29.99 per month.
• You can manage your subscription any time from your iTunes account settings, this includes renewal options and cancellations.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
We’ve reimagined the app to be faster, cleaner and smarter, delivering you a personally tailored news and sport experience - plus a digital replica of today's newspaper. Other features include:
• My Local - Enter your postcode to find stories that are relevant to your local area.
• My News - Search for and follow a topic of interest, your favourite journalist or sports team.
• Look & Feel - A redesigned reading experience to get you straight to the stories that matter to you.
Ratings and Reviews
Too many bugs
We cancelled home delivery & went 100% digital but have found there is some problem every few days. It regularly fails to download & a call to customer service was terminated after being on hold for 45 mins. Other problems are; previously downloaded editions are downloaded again putting a strain on data limits, supplements coming a day later, every page showing twice. As i expected delivery to be available early in the day this lack of supply is unsatisfactory but no adjustment is made in the charges. Unlike other digital papers, eg The Age, there is no interactive crossword puzzle also the FAQ page is of little help in trouble shooting a problem. I believe this was released well before it was ready & I regret going digital.
Text sizing tiresome
The new app is harder to navigate. For those with reading issues, the app has become very difficult to control. With the old app, there was a very obvious text size selector always available. One chose a suitable size and it remained stable at all times. The new app requires use of the system zoom by three finger control, always very tedious, especially for arthritic fingers. The app developers need to remember world is not populated by the young and have deeper appreciation as to the what accessibility means for different ages and physical disabilities. Is it possible for the app’s text enlargement to simply connect with the system’s settings larger text accessibility size as many other apps do. That way there is no need to set it every time one uses the app. Reading this app has become very tiresome.
Big Disappointment, bring back the old
I have to wonder if you ask people what they want before you make changes...why would you delete functionality in an upgrade? Where is the front page? I want to see what the major headlines are.
And where is the cryptic crossword? Whilst a minor issue for some I used to do it everyday. the problem here is that even if I download the paper based version (which I had to do before to see the real news stories, and still have to do to see the front page) i cant do a crossword on a PDF style publication, so I have to buy a hard copy as well as a digital edition? I dont think so. Please advise what the plans are for the cryptic crossword. I have previously emailed regarding this and had no response.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- News Digital Media
- 152.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Nationwide News Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- The Advertiser & Sunday Mail $29.99
- The Advertiser $16.99
- Dummy The Advertiser & Sunday Mail $0.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.