TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Organise trips into folders
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
- For frequency-based services (i.e. light rail and metro), delays are now calculated based on headway. If the gap between two services is longer than timetabled, the second service will be shown as delayed.
- Various other fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but some bugs
Great app, gets me to my bus on time but one problem; some buses don’t have real-time data. I don’t know why this is but some buses don’t get real-time updates even though I know that they are coming, one of my buses which I catch everyday never has any real-time data and is constantly late but I never know how late it is. I would love to see this get fixed but other than that it’s a great app and definitely recommend it to anyone commuting around Sydney.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Normally if a particular bus has no real-time data, it's because the bus itself is not providing any. If you could let me know the time of the bus and the stop that you're travelling from, I can pass your feedback along to Transport for NSW, so they can investigate.
Good app but real-time bus updates could be better
This is a great app but the real-time updates can be delayed for Sydney buses. Quite a few times of gotten to the bus stop 2-3 mins before the estimated arrival of the bus based on what is indicated on Trip View Lite only to find that it has been and gone. I've now learnt to get to the stop at least 5 mins beforehand. I have seen that this happens with the paid version of the app too. This may be a problem with GPS info being sent from the bus rather than a Trip View issue.
So for buses, this app is alright, but for trains it is absolutely horrible. You’re better off using the digital boards at the actual station for more accurate train times. This app made me decide not to get on a train because it displayed that the next train would get me to my destination faster. However, when the next train did come, it was one that stopped at every stop before my destination and I had to take it otherwise I would have been late to uni!! And the app said that the next train would stop at less stops than the previous train! Poor performance and reliability from this app 😡
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about that. The real-time train data is provided by Sydney Trains, and there are no known issues (it’s normally very accurate). If you do notice a problem, please report it with details and we can follow it up.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.