If you want to know when the next train, bus, ferry or tram to your destination will arrive, you need NextThere. It's simple, fast and real-time - like having a platform indicator in the palm of your hand. It knows where you are, and with a tap you can see just the services to your destination.
• Save up to 3 stations, stops and routes you use public transport from and you'll see the next services due to depart
• Tap on a service to track your trip live
• Detailed alerts about disruptions, service changes and trackwork
• All in a simple, gorgeous interface designed for iOS
• 3D Touch and VoiceOver support
• Today screen widget to see nearby upcoming services
• Live train and bus load data (where available)
NextThere covers public transport in these cities on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch - for free!
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, Alice Springs, Gold Coast, plus regional towns in Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia
New Zealand: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
United States: San Francisco, Boston, Portland, Seattle, Honolulu
If you want some extra awesome features, you can subscribe for a small monthly or annual fee:
• Save as many stops as you like - non-subscribers are limited to three
• Receive push notifications about incidents and disruptions so you're always up to date
• Access to themes
• Access to additional settings to customise the appearance and function of the app
Check http://nextthere.com/coverage for details on the real-time data is available in your area.
• Light rail stops now show direction of travel (where data available)
• Redesigned settings screen
• Stopping pattern now shows where a service will terminate and where a run number will change
• Improvements to text legibility, stability and reliability
• Fixed an issue that could cause errors loading stops
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but missing a more detailed map
From my experiences of a year with the app, it is very good, giving accurate and detailed info on transport routes in NSW. Despite this, the main issue I have is that the map in the app has limited detail, like train stations and landmarks, which means it is hard to coordinate exactly where I am (using the hard to read dark app map) without cross referencing this with Google Maps which includes this detail. If the developers could add maps similar to Google Maps, this app would definitely have 5/5 best transport app I’ve tried.
Best Transport App for Canberra
Given the lack of any decent apps for the ACT this one has to be the best, simple and easy to use, gives you heaps of information and even tells you the bus number, type, how old it is etc. developer is quick to assist with any problems or suggestions you have too! Definitely worth Dow loading and subscribing too, only thing missing is live passenger loadings, although I’m unsure if Transport Canberra even has that data publicly available.
Love this app! Been using it for like 4 years now. Its so helpful when looking for where my bus stop is and figuring out if i’m going to make my connection or not.
However, over the past week sometimes all busses will say no real time data but when i click it, there is real time data and i have to like click some stuff and go back and forth for it to update. Not too sure why. Hope this gets fixed soon :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AppJourney Pty Ltd
- 68.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-20 AppJourney Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month subscription $5.99
- NextThere $5.99
- NextThere $1.49
- 1 month subscription $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.