If you want to know when the next train, bus, ferry or tram to your destination will arrive, you need NextThere. It's simple, fast and real-time - like having a platform indicator in the palm of your hand. It knows where you are, and with a tap you can see just the services to your destination.
• Save up to 3 stations, stops and routes you use public transport from and you'll see the next services due to depart
• Tap on a service to track your trip live
• Live train and bus load data (where available)
• Detailed alerts about disruptions, service changes and trackwork
• All in a simple, gorgeous interface designed for iOS
• VoiceOver support
NextThere covers public transport in these cities on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch - for free!
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, Alice Springs, Gold Coast, plus regional towns in Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia
New Zealand: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
United States: San Francisco, Boston, Portland, Seattle, Honolulu
If you want some extra awesome features, you can subscribe to NextThere Pro:
• Home Screen and Lock Screen widgets to see nearby upcoming services
• Save as many stops as you like - non-subscribers are limited to three
• Receive push notifications about incidents and disruptions so you're always up to date
• Access to themes
• Access to additional settings to customise the appearance and function of the app
Check http://nextthere.com/coverage for details on the real-time data is available in your area.
• Added predictions when your service may be cancelled
• Improved nearby stop finding
• Fixed issue with loading stops and search near interstate borders
Ratings and Reviews
Wow! This app is quite an experience for me, being of a generation existing without technology other than simple communication items like a radio. This is wonderful to have something not too complicated in that I can navigate it as what feels like an expert; that it actually functions smoothly and I don't end up locked into going around in circles with frustration because the mind mapping of back and forth has too many 'levels' (steps to recall). Thank you to the Station Master that introduced me to this App. THAT indeed is customer service that is perpetual. I love this App; it makes journey planning problem free which is confidence building and a great feeling of personal autonomy. Thank you to the App Developers and wish you were my personal friends, "Oh, how we could inform the world"🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I don’t know what changed
Ever since the recent update, I’m unable to check out stations or bus platforms on different cities without being there. Every time I type one “City Name, Platform 1” it used to appear on my search bar making my travel very easy and stress free as I can look up my next transfer but now it doesn’t do that. It definitely lowers my enjoyment with the app as it is so annoying and frustrating and makes it harder to navigate. Now, I have to type “City Name Station” And scroll and hope to find the right platform for either bus or train. This app used to be so reliable for my travel but now not so much as it’s annoying to use due to that feature. I’m not sure whether it’s a user error (doubt it because I’ve been using this app for years now) or if it’s due to a premium subscription or just the update but I hope this get rectified. It would be a shame to not use what used to be a reliable app.
Go to transport app!
I’ve lost count of how many people I’ve recommended this app too. Interface is simple, uncomplicated, one of those apps that just works. I don’t need unnecessary feature loaded apps. All I need is to see live updates of transport (since my nearby ones always run late). The feature of how many minutes a bus is running late or early, how fast it is travelling, when it has stopped, all means I can plan effectively. Sometimes when maps says to arrive by said time, I take that bus but then I look on here and I see actually it’s running so late. Instead I can take ‘earlier’ bus and arrive on time. LOVE IT!!! Make your life easierrrr
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AppJourney Pty Ltd
- 76.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-23 AppJourney Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- NextThere $19.99
- NextThere $2.99