From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
We made improvements and squashed bugs so Twitter is even better for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on Twitter to help us express our thoughts and keep up with the news. And with Twitter’s Apple TV app (our 2016 App of the Year), we’ve also got a bigger window into current events and topical discussions. From breaking-news tweets to live Periscope feeds, the benefits of that little bird are always getting bigger.
Why is Twitter a great MEDIUM
Hey Twitter is an enjoyable app as it keeps us the people of the world in different societies and cultural backgrounds in touch and up to date with current affairs, trends, issues, likes, dislikes, what’s exceptable in one part of the world and what is not in others. It’s a forum for communication and breaking down barriers of language by being able to use expressions of experiences in different forms may it be via words ( which can be translated and interpreted into different languages), photography, drawings, paintings, fashion, artworks, affirmations, food, shoes, nature, hair, makeup, colour. There is no rules to how we display our interests or choose to communicate only to be kind, politically correct in accepting difference which I love 💖 because I want to learn more and grow from the knowledge of my aesthetics and the world, lifestyles that surround me no matter how close or if it’s oceans apart. We are a diverse multifaceted and cultured world which should be loved, embraced, indulged, encaptured and valued for its beauty and nature of difference and be able to just be in peace side by side. Twitter gives us an opportunity to do that without hate, shame or harm because there’s no place for that kind of behaviour in such a diverse, intelligent and multicultured world!!!
I like Twitter
Twitter is public by design. So, they have it relative easy and can get away with things FB or others are despised for. And fair enough - as long as you use it as it is meant to be used - it’s great.
Now, there are surely various problems with it - curation, censoring, no edit button, etc. Its a huge site and most of those problems are expected. It is also a business entity with own biases. So, it won’t be that great for some people, causes, ideas or groups, but it is good to have a popular public platform that offers potential to reach billions of people if your message is worth it.
I don’t see why a “private” network like FB must have such dominance. Private connections and grouping can be achieved via more decentralised means - grab your favourite community management system and build a network. Twitter has the potential to become a good public commodity, especially if they open up to more scrutiny and keep working on safety.
Good luck Twitter.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 122.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Twitter, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.