Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easy and fun.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and C/C++/Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is an intuitive programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• SwiftUI is a revolutionary framework to create user interfaces with a declarative Swift syntax
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Split editors in virtually unlimited ways, show previews, or choose an assistant to see related content
• Live issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its improve your code with just a click
• Source control navigator and service integrations help you manage code across a team
SwiftUI and Interface Builder make it easy to design your interface
• SwiftUI uses declarative Swift code that clearly describes your interface
• Design canvas graphically builds UI views using the library of controls and modifyers
• Preview SwiftUI code or UIKit interfaces in different screen sizes, orientations, and font sizes
• SwiftUI code is always in perfect sync with the graphical design canvas and previews
• Animations are built using simple commands that describe the action you want to see
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Refactoring makes it easy to modify the structure of Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++ code
• Open Quickly instantly opens any file within your project
• Data tips and Quick Look can inspect a variable by hovering your mouse over code while debugging
Instruments for performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and GPU performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Analyze your app directly, or sample the entire system with very little overhead
• Create custom instruments with unique visualizations to analyze your own code and frameworks
To test or run applications on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Some features may require Internet access.
Xcode 12.5 supports iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4, and macOS Big Sur 11.3
New in Xcode 12.5
• Playgrounds documents can access symbols within the current app target
• Simulator can record videos of your app and export the video as an animated GIF
• Swift improves incremental build time performance
• watchOS apps gain improved support for automated testing
• Localization workflow can export all projects within a workspace into a single catalog
• Code signing performance is improved for complex projects
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Worst update till now in IDE
Seriously this is too much irritating when you can't copy storyboard files to another, sudden crash will happen. Moreover , when i am trying to open my project then Xcode will crash. Some time it will work fine and some time next morning you will open then it will crash. Then you have no option to open at all.
Then, i have to remove the .xcworkspace file and pods from my project and again reinstall them. Then only it will work again.
Really embarassing from apple for this update.
Thank you Apple!
I appreciate that you made an app like this, so us coders can create our own programs. I have been scrambling the internet to find an application like this! I have used it before, and I can create my own programs on Windows (crossed out) DOS (crossed out) Mac platform! Also since I cannot install Command Line Tools from the web, I'm glad you made a program that comes with it. I was getting sick of these error messages that appear while installing, until now.
Needs some bug fixes
Moving over to Mac from a Delphi RAD environment Xcode 10 seems the perfect development platform and I would have considered a 5 star rating - except having it repeatedly freeze the opsystem requiring a hard reset with the power button after meticulously following an Apple tutorial on how to use it is not good. Great potential but only 3 stars until serious bugs get fixed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 11.7 GB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1999–2021 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.