Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easy and fun.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and C/C++/Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is an intuitive programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• SwiftUI is a revolutionary new framework to create user interfaces with a declarative Swift syntax
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Split editors in virtually unlimited ways, show previews, or choose an assistant to see related content
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its improve your code with just a click
• Source control navigator and service integrations help you manage code across a team
SwiftUI and Interface Builder make it easy to design your interface
• SwiftUI uses declarative Swift code that clearly describes your interface
• Design canvas graphically builds UI views using the library of controls and modifyers
• Preview SwiftUI code or UIKit interfaces in different screen sizes, orientations, and font sizes
• SwiftUI code is always in perfect sync with the graphical design canvas and previews
• Animations are built using simple commands that describe the action you want to see
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Refactoring makes it easy to modify the structure of Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++ code
• Open Quickly instantly opens any file within your project
• Data tips and Quick Look can inspect a variable by hovering your mouse over code while debugging
• Third-party app extensions can add new capabilities to the source editor
Test driven development is built right in
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run unit tests or user interface tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots to build and test on a server Mac running Xcode
Instruments for performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and GPU performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Analyze your app directly, or sample the entire system with very little overhead
• Create custom instruments with unique visualizations to analyze your own code and frameworks
To test or run applications on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Some features may require Internet access.
Xcode 11.3.1 supports developing apps for iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3, tvOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.1, and macOS Catalina 10.15.2
• Addresses a bug in the storyboard canvas that could cause Xcode to crash
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Built-in Xcode Server
Greate thing with build-in xcode server setting up CI is much less painfull than before.
However need better documentation for pre-intergration and post intergration process:
for example: listing the default enviroment variables, how to access the iPA file during post intergration script.
It took me two days to learn that the ipa file was built in a caches folder then later moved to intergration, as my post-intergration script keep failing
Worst update till now in IDE
Seriously this is too much irritating when you can't copy storyboard files to another, sudden crash will happen. Moreover , when i am trying to open my project then Xcode will crash. Some time it will work fine and some time next morning you will open then it will crash. Then you have no option to open at all.
Then, i have to remove the .xcworkspace file and pods from my project and again reinstall them. Then only it will work again.
Really embarassing from apple for this update.
Needs some bug fixes
Moving over to Mac from a Delphi RAD environment Xcode 10 seems the perfect development platform and I would have considered a 5 star rating - except having it repeatedly freeze the opsystem requiring a hard reset with the power button after meticulously following an Apple tutorial on how to use it is not good. Great potential but only 3 stars until serious bugs get fixed.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.