With the official app of Canada’s largest domestic and international airline, you can conveniently book flights and manage travel to over 200 destinations worldwide. And now, with our latest release of the Air Canada mobile app, it’s now easier than ever to take flight from your mobile device.
Working with seasoned travellers we made the app simpler to navigate, removing unnecessary steps, fine tuning the speed, and enhancing its overall performance.
MEET YOUR NEW CO-PILOT
We overhauled the interface design to meet the demand for one handed use, perfect for those times when you need to check in with your right and sip a chai latte with your left.
FOLLOW THE LEADER
We added turn-by-turn in-terminal navigation, a first for a Canadian airline, available in Toronto (YYZ), Montreal (YUL), and Vancouver (YVR), with more coming soon.
BOOKING IS A BREEZE
Quickly and conveniently book flights and manage your trips on the go.
As your flight approaches, your boarding pass will appear in the ‘Trips’ tab. Your boarding pass is saved for offline use in the app but can also be added to Apple Wallet.
KNOW AS YOU GO
Stay up to date with notifications about flight and gate changes, cancellations, and booking changes.
Log in with your Aeroplan Number to sync all your bookings to the app with ease.
READY TO DOWNLOAD?
These functions apply when enabled:
• Location: your location data is used to show the closest airport(s) for booking, and flight status.
• Camera: add images to the feedback you send to Air Canada.
• Notifications: push notifications are used to send you service messages related to your upcoming travel.
• Wi-Fi connection: used to determine if internet access or a connection is available for the entertainment system on Air Canada Rouge flights.
• Your device identity log information (phone model, language, system and app version) is attached to comments you send when an issue is reported via the App.
Air Canada, PO Box 64239, RPO Thorncliffe, Calgary, Alberta, T2K 6J7 firstname.lastname@example.org
® Air Canada Rouge, Altitude and Star Alliance: registered trademarks of Air Canada in Canada
®† Aeroplan: registered trademark of Aeroplan Inc.
Version 5.7 introduces two new features that we're excited to share with you.
• Introducing 'Home' tab: Your new Air Canada hub where you'll find relevant and contextual information for your upcoming trips. This is our first iteration, and based on your feedback, we will be expanding on the content and experience in upcoming updates.
• Seat map preview: See seat availability and aircraft layout before you buy or fly. Now accessible while making a booking or anytime within Flight Status, the seat map is back with some enhancements including full-aircraft view. In a future update, we'll also offer the ability to select seats within the app - stay tuned!
• Bug fixes to improve the quality, performance, and stability of the app.
Do you have a suggestion or idea? Did you see a bug or something that isn't working correctly? What do you think of the new 'Home' tab? You can reach us through the 'Customer support' section on the More tab.
We hope you're all staying safe and healthy, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pass not automatically opening in Apple Wallet
Updates to the app are nice & clean. Functionality seems to be fine.
However, when adding the boarding pass to Apple Wallet, it no longer has the option to show on lock screen & it’s grouping all boarding passes together regardless of the date. Pre-update, it would only group passes from the same date & offer to open on the lock screen (there was an option to turn the on or off in the pass). Now, if I need to unlock my phone, it would be just as easy to get the pass from the app instead of Apple Wallet. Please Fix! Thanks
Developer Response ,
The Apple Wallet boarding pass will be returning to a lock screen near you in the coming weeks.
No app update will be required, as this is a change in our reservation and check-in system and not the app itself.
Thank you for the feedback, and stay tuned for this updated on your upcoming boarding passes!
FOLLOW UP (August 18, 2020)
We just wanted to let you know that we've now updated our Apple Wallet boarding passes to support appearing on the lock screen. iOS controls exactly when it will appear, but in our experience you can expect to see it appear 2-3 hours before your flight's departure. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon, and giving this enhancement a try!
Improvements still needed
On Trips main screen, takes too long to retrieve reservations for multiple trips displayed. Says “We are retrieving your reservations...” forever. Message doesn’t go away. Also, payment card functionality still has bugs. When details of a valid saved payment card are displayed, the screen erases all the fields and gives errors for missing information. Why are the fields being erased for a saved, valid payment card? This doesn’t make sense.
Very helpful in this day and age
I like how crisp the new app is. The ability to view the inbound aircraft is so nice. I’m looking forward to Aeroplan integration into AC app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! We're excited for the new loyalty program integration as well!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.