Navigate Canada’s backcountry with confidence! Explore backroads, ATV, snowmobile, hiking, biking & ski trails, fish, hunt, camp, paddle, wildlife view with BRMB maps!
BRMB Maps is your GPS navigational guide to Canada’s backcountry & all outdoor Adventures. Allowing you to research, plan and navigate on or offline, the BRMB Maps Smartphone App and Web Map showcases all of Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading road and trail maps across Canada. Complemented with thousands of outdoor recreation points of interest such as Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Hiking, Biking, Canoeing, Kayaking, ATVing, Snowmobiling, Skiing, Snowshoeing, Wildlife Viewing and more, along with descriptions and statistics not found in other mapping apps.
The BRMB Maps App is a one stop guide, allowing for safe and easy navigation into and out of the Canada’s backcountry:
- View your current location on the map and track your route
- The fast, seamless map interface allows you so see all the roads, parks, and geographic features from the popular Backroad Mapbooks series across the entire country.
- Reveal the lay of the land with topographic contours and relief shading
- Explore lakes like never before with bathymetric (lake depths) contours
- Zoom in and see all the logging, industrial and other roads not found on other maps
- View on multiple devices, such as smartphone tablet or computer, with a single account
GET MORE WITH BRMB MAPS PRO
- Download offline maps - track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal
- Save All the info offline – even Point of Interest information & descriptions
- Access current, high resolution satellite map imagery
- 11 Adventure Layers revealing 1000’s of Points of Interest within each
Adventure Layer providing descriptions, access, trail info, fish and hunt species and so much more
- Access Crown Land and Private Land Layers
- Access the Industrial & Recreational Road layer to overlay on the satellite imagery
- Record your Adventures & Save your Trips
- Get access to the BRMBMAPS.COM website, where you can further plan your trips and explore on a bigger screen
- Always have a backup - design and print stunning custom topo maps with brmbmaps.com
Adventure Layers include:
- Over 12,350 Caves, hot springs, waterfalls, lighthouses, museums, roadside attractions and more
- Almost 19,500 Lake, river & creek and ocean fishing areas
- Fish zone boundaries, lake bathymetry, stocked lakes, marinas, boat launches and more
- Fishing descriptions with species, lake metrics & regulation links
- Over 2,570 Management Units (WMU/WMZ, etc.), species specific zones and more
- Hunting descriptions with species & regulation links
- Almost 3,000 Paddling trails including access points & portages
- Canoe & kayak, lake circuits, river & ocean routes, whitewater, and more
- Over 35,000 National, Provincial, Regional & Urban parks including campsites, picnic areas, backcountry cabins, conservation areas and more
- Over 1,300 sites listed with activities, number or sites, RV or 4wd access and more
- Over 14,000 Trail tracks with trailheads for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and more
- Trail descriptions including difficulty, length and elevation gain
- Almost 1,700 trail tracks with trailheads for ATV, OHV, 4wd, bikes and more
- Over 2,275 trail tracks with trailheads offering club, groomed & backcountry routes
- Over 1,700 sites for birdwatching, large and small animals, whale watching and more
- Over 1,900 Trail tracks with trailheads for backcountry, cross-country & Nordic skiing, downhill areas, snowshoeing and more
BRMB Maps PRO is only $3.49/mo. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account on confirmation. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless cancelled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn-off auto-renewal in Settings: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098.
- Added a New button to the Waypoint and Track screens for adding new features
- Improved Date and Time values for Waypoints and Tracks
- Added a new Offline Maps Screen for viewing and managing Offline Maps
- Added an option to Keep Screen On in Settings
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No search function
This app is pretty useless without a search function for specific locations. All instructions on the web are for the previous version which appears to have had this functionality. I will stick with the old paper books that have an index.
Developer Response ,
We are in the final stages of adding an Address Search function, along with linking of trips (waypoints and tracks) with your web map account. The app itself is certainly one of the best navigational apps out there for the Backcountry of Canada. Hopefully, you will have a chance to explore further and will find all the extra information, detailed maps and offline capability of this app to be helpful in your travels.
An absolutely painful app.
I was looking for an app where I would be able to download back road maps for use when I am in the Bush. This is definitely not the app for that. Even online, maps are painfully slow to load. Downloading? Useless. The stupid thing times out after going through the download for ten minutes… at the end, you just get a message saying that the download was unable to be completed because it timed out. Do t waste your money…
Developer Response ,
This is indeed odd behaviour. We did a few tricks to speed the map rendering up recently but that should not have affected your ability to download the maps. Perhaps you were trying this in an area with limited cellular or wi-fi data? If this problem persists please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can sort out your issues.
Was expecting more
I was so looking forward to using this app. Took a bit to figure out how to import gpx files. Only through web app but got it done. But then the kicker. No car play? Now I understand back country it's not necessary but to anyone using it to overland or off road it's important to stream to head unit plus it's convenient to use to get to the location otherwise I need to use multiple apps. A pain. So until they add CarPlay I'll have to give this app a big no! Update.... I do know there are offline maps available which I tried. However driving off-roading having a larger screen to check where you're going is a must. Small phone screen isn't useful if hard to see while driving. Several other apps have that ability and I am currently back to those that use CarPlay. I stand by my claim that for some that no CarPlay is still no good for anyone using it how I use it.
Developer Response ,
We do plan to add Apple CarPlay in the future. Currently, we have the ability to download offline maps of any area you plan to visit. With the ability to add satellite imagery and our Adventure layers, this feature is ideal for customizing your app when heading to the Backcountry. Please try using the offline map feature before dismissing the app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mussio Ventures Ltd.
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Backroad Mapbooks
- In-App Purchases
- BRMB Maps PRO $3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.