DalSAFE is the official safety app of Dalhousie University. It is the only app that integrates with Dalhousie University's safety and security systems. Security Services has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Dalhousie University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
DalSAFE features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Dalhousie University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to Security Services in real-time in case of a crisis.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- In-App Tip Reporting: Report suspicious activity directly to Security Services.
- Mental Health Toolkit: Mental Health resources available to students, faculty and staff.
- DalSAFE SMS: Subscribe to DalSAFE’s integrated messaging service to receive SMS alerts.
- Safety Tips: Safety tips offer practical advice and tools so that you’re prepared for unforeseen emergencies.
- Lost and Found Report: Missing something? File a Lost and Found Report!
- Tiger Patrol: Tiger Patrol is a free shuttle service available to all students, faculty and staff of Dalhousie University. Find more information within the app.
- Campus Maps
- Campus Map: Navigate around the Dalhousie University area.
- Parking at Dal: Parking information for parking legally on University property.
- Human Rights and Equity: Find Human Rights and Equity resources within the app, as well as an Respectful Workplace Toolkit, and how to respond to Sexualized Violence.
- Health & Wellness: The Student Health & Wellness Centre is committed to providing certified quality primary and mental health care services to promote and enhance students’ health. You can find more information on the Student Health & Wellness Centre, and the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team (MHMCT) within the app.
- Critical Incident Response: It’s important to understand how to respond to a crisis incident on the Dalhousie Campuses. Find more information within the app.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from Dalhousie University safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert Security Services.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.
Ratings and Reviews
- Dalhousie University
- 10.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Dalhousie University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.