Defender HD enables users to view and interact with their security system using a smartphone or tablet device from anywhere.
Create an account, add your system and view or interact with your footage all from the Defender HD app.
The app's features enable the user to:
• Add and view multiple DVRs simultaneously
• View your live video feeds
• Receive push notifications when motion is detected
• Playback recorded footage
• Capture images to smartphone/tablet
• Capture video to smartphone/tablet
• Latest DVR firmware from www.defender-usa.com/support
• Compatible only with Defender HD and Defender HD Wireless DVRs.
• A high-speed internet connection and router (not included)
• An internet connection providing an upload speed of at least 1Mbps is recommended for the best video performance
Please made sure your DVR is updated to the latest firmware.
Visit www.defender-usa.com to find your DVR's firmware and take advantage of the app’s latest features and improvements.
- Bug Fixes and System Improvements
- Improvements to mobile data connections
Ratings and Reviews
Notifications not working on iOS
The app was fine then there was an update and it screwed everything up. Now all my iOS devices won’t receive notifications!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review our app JoeyandAlex.
We're sorry to hear the notifications are no longer working. It sounds like this may have occurred after an iOS update rather than our app. We are currently working on a new update to improve this function when used with the latest version of iOS. It's always important to keep the app and DVR firmware up to date. If have any questions regarding these processes, we offer videos and articles through our Support Center and have an expert Customer Experience team to assist you further!
Was working great but not any more
I have had this system installed a year ago and everything was great the app worked awesome, but now for the last couple of months it does not work on the app. Very disappointed. I have not received any help from the support line.
Can’t get any kind of viewing to work for my MacBook Air. Can’t get playback anymore on my iPad or IPhone....have to go and plug my TV into the system to see any playback....cameras keep going off so have to reboot the systems or hit save on the apps ... way too many problems so not there when I need it most. I don’t recommend because the software for online viewing is not reliable at all.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulty with the app. There is currently an industry wide issue occurring due to a transition to IPV6 with mobile providers. We are working around the clock to find a solution and will update the app and DVR when the solution is complete.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.