Moka helps you save & invest for a better life by automatically investing your spare change.
Join over 500,000 people who are saving and investing with Moka, the first round-up-and-save app available in Canada.
Get started in just a few minutes and watch your money grow with every purchase you make. By rounding up your purchases and automatically investing your spare change in a fully-managed, diversified portfolio of Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs), Moka makes saving money easy and effortless.
Moka 360 finds even more money in your daily life to help you meet your financial goals.
Set it and forget it. Moka makes it easy to save by automatically investing your spare change. Plus, you can speed up your savings by setting up recurring weekly deposits or multiplying your roundups.
Grow your savings with little to zero effort. With no minimum to open an account, your registered portfolio manager will invest your money in a diversified portfolio of affordable ETFs. We’re already looking after over $250 million for our clients.
Earn when you shop
Save money when you shop with brands like UberEats, Apple Music, Footlocker, and more with cashback Perks. Moka partners with brands you love to score exclusive deals and discounts every month.
Save and invest responsibly
Make a positive impact by selecting a Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) account, which will invest in companies that are building a better world.
Grow your investment tax-free
Tax-free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) are a smart way to invest for many Canadians. You’ll grow your investment tax free and you can withdraw the money any time you need it.
Spend less on monthly bills
Let the Moka team negotiate the best price for your services including phone, internet and cable. Our users save an average of $250 per year.
Reduce debt faster, automatically
Access a personalized repayment plan to get back in the black. Your personalized plan will also identify opportunities for you to save hundreds by paying less interest.
Ask us anything (financial), anytime
Should you pay down your mortgage or invest in an RRSP? Which debt should you pay off first? Moka’s experienced financial advisors will share recommendations that make cents for you.
Know your information is secure
To keep your information safe, Moka uses the same security infrastructure as major Canadian banks, including 256-bit encryption and secure SSL connections.
Moka is made in Canada for Canadians. We’re proud to be helping people save and invest from coast to coast to coast. Moka is available in English and French and supports all major Canadian banks.
No hidden fees
Get support from Moka
We care about our customers. If you need help using Moka or want to update your investment portfolio, you can chat with us in the app or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple named Moka a “New App We Love” and the company has also been featured in The Globe & Mail, Financial Post, CBC, BNN, Global, and many more.
We're always making improvements to help you save more, spend less and invest smarter.
If you need any help, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to squirrel a bit of cash
You’d be surprised how fast a modest goal will grow. App is easy, staff are great. I’ve had great luck with their service team so far
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy to have you onboard for our mission of helping Canadians reach their financial goals! -Sarah
Showing promise and getting better everyday!
- great new features like boost, multiple accounts, etc.
- still a great responsive team
- the one star review about signing over all your rights to information makes me nervous but I never read the fine print so 👀🤷🏽♂️
- I inquired about ‘ethical investing’ opportunities, as I don’t want to support specific industries. Was told they are collecting info but not available at the time. Meanwhile at Wealthsimple 👀
Overall still a great app that I love to use, just wish they’d address some of the concerns on the reviews.
— — — —
I was lucky enough to get to try the beta version and it was really bumpy. Made me nervous for the release but with he launch came a really stable app that syncs perfectly with my account. I'm sure more features are coming, but their customer service team has made this experience exciting. Finally an investment program that is accessible, easy, and works with my spending habits. Now the more I spend, the more I save!
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback. It's an honour to have had you as an early adopter and we are glad to see you are still using Mylo. We are a young, Canadian startup and doing our best to accommodate all our Users while addressing as many concerns as (humanly) possible -- sometimes even beyond. Please feel free to reach out anytime directly through the app or firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you :)
I had Mylo for several months, but I decided to close my account recently. I was pretty satisfied with it for a while, but it was only recently that I became dissatisfied and started to question the app.
1) It’s hard to see where your money is going: They take your money every week and you can see this in your portfolio balance, but you don’t see the growth/loss until the account statements are released.
2) The account statements are often delayed If you are new to investing, this document is challenging to understand and If you are new to investing, this document is a bit challenging to understand.
3) Contacting them is only via email: What’s up with this? When I was closing my account, this really irked me. I had a few questions about closing my account and it was all through email. The worst part is that they pass you around from representative to representative. I tried getting a phone number, but they don’t have one.... (This really got me questioning the company).
4) You lose access to the app immediately when you close your account: As soon as you decide to close your account (via email), you will lose access to your account on the app instantly. You won’t have access to the final portfolio balance, YOU HAVE TO REQUEST for the final account statements. (This should be given out regardless if you don’t request for it). This is problematic, as I was disputing the final portfolio amount that was given to me by one of the representatives. Thankfully I was able to screenshot my portfolio balance and dispute it. What would’ve happened if didn’t?
Overall, it’s hard to see where your money is going with this app. It needs to be more transparent and user friendly. C’mon, you are dealing with peoples money!
I am now with another app that is so much more transparent, the UI and the graphics allow you to see where your money is truly going, how much it has grown...etc. Don’t know why it took me so long.
Developer Response ,
Hi Onedeel, we regret to hear that you did not enjoy your Mylo experience and we thank you for your feedback. I'll try to cover all of your points.
1) Each Goal is a direct reflection of your individual investment accounts and the balance already includes any profit or loss.
2) Monthly statements are released mid-month and our portfolio managers are always available to answer any questions if you need clarification on monitoring your investments.
3) You can contact us via email or via in app chat. We're available Monday through Friday and we usually answer within 24h.
4) Once you account is closed, your login credentials are disabled. However, annual statements and relevant documents will be provided by email, and your full balance is returned to your bank account.
I'll be taking your feedback to the right team and I wish you the best of luck in your future savings. - Sarah
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moka Financial Technologies Inc.
- 97.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Moka Financial Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.