SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 2.5 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
This update addresses minor bugs present in iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've only just started my exploration of the cosmos, and what a great tool to see what's out there. Love it! Great to share with the kids too!
Love the night sky
I’ve had this app for many years, still enjoy looking searching the night sky.
I love Sky View. I just updated to the premium and it is well worth the upgrade. My only comment is that I wish I could hide the space junk (spent rocket launchers) but still get to see the the satallites that I love to track (hubble and others) . I find the proliferation of rocket launchers turning on their axix distracting and it takes away from the beauty and serene starry sky of the original free version. I ended up putting the free version back on my phone yesterday so I could have a choice, The additional music tho is nice. and lots of other choices in the upgrade that I do like. please tho make a toggle switch for the rocket launchers alone. but leave the science and other satellites to view. I see that Japan has recently sent up a space debris garbage truck! (Dec 16) to collect some of these spent rocket launchers. Thanks for a great app tho
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.