Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
We've updated Alto's Adventure to introduce a handful of quality of life improvements and to better support a number of recently released devices, including:
• Improved ProMotion support for iPhone 12, 13 Pro/Pro Max and iPad Pro devices.
• Native resolution support for 2021 iPad Mini.
• Improved Zen Mode swipe input detection.
• Texture compression improvements for iOS 12.5.5 devices.
• General usability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
This game is amazing. No ads, never having to buy extra things so you can actually win the game, and the most beautiful animation/pictures. This game is everything you want, and there is even picture mode where you can pause the game and it takes a perfect screenshot for you. It changes weather and time of day and it’s all so gorgeous and realistic. There are power ups and coins, so it isn’t just a boring game. There is no game like it except it’s sequel - Altos Odyssey (I have both I can’t get enough of them). This game also doesn’t require WiFi. Some people might be sceptical about the price but it’s this one payment one time then you have unlocked everything in it forever. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME ENOUGH!!!!
Good but could be better
My main issues are with the workshop and the goal/quest things. The prices of the shop are so extremely high that by the time you actually have enough money to get stuff you’ve completely forgotten what you were going to get and there isnt really anything useful that can slightly improve the gameplay, like a better snowboard so you travel or pick up speed slightly quicker. The goal/quest things are practically impossible on all but one map(if it even is maps and not randomly generated) and when you do get a good one its so cluttered you can’t even do any tricks. Also, doing tricks and getting points has no effect on how much money you earn so there is no point in doing them. At lease have a 1 coin for 100m travels or 100 points type thing.
This game is good, its beautiful and relaxing but I feel it just needs a few tweaks to get it to that point of super addicting and beautiful.
Also stop hiding rocks behind buildings because that is just mean.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your review. We appreciate your detailed feedback!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 234.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.