Death is not the end.
Play as a failed alchemic experiment and explore the sprawling, ever-changing castle to find out what happened on this gloomy island…!
That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
Dead Cells is a roguevania action platformer that will require you to master frantic 2D combat with a wide variety of weapons and skills against merciless minions and boss.
Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.
First available on PC and consoles, the indie hit Dead Cells is now slaying foes on mobile!
• Roguevania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
• Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action: Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette”
• Nonlinear Progression: Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood.
Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?
• Play at your own pace: Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?
Take a break from the frenzy of the castle and have a stroll through some luxurious scenery with The Bad Seed DLC.
• New levels to lose your head in: the not-so-peaceful Dilapidated Arboretum and the noxious Morass of the Banished
• New monsters to rip to pieces: get to know the locals, such as the Jerkshroom and the Yeeter
• New weapons to play with: trim sticking out heads with the Scythe Claw, or make them dance to the sound of the Rhythm n' Bouzouki
• New boss to fight against: Mama Tick is dying to meet you
Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface
• Two game modes available: Original & Auto-Hit
• Custom controls & More touch controls options available: Change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
• MFi external controller support
• No ads, no F2P mechanics!
If you run into a problem, please contact us at email@example.com with as much information as possible on the issue.
- Fix King outfit
- Fix Mama Tick crash
- Fix localization
- Minor Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Absolute indie masterpiece!
I’m just going to cut to the chase. Get this game. Like...Immediately!
To the devs, i just want to say to you thank you so much for pouring your hearts out on this. It truly shows. You are amazing developers.
It is completely in league of its own it’s actually frightening. I’ve been playing iOS games for nearly ten years. I can tell you in all that time nothing has come my way the way this one has. Even binding of Isaac which I love can’t compete. This game is just so satisfying and addictive. It’s like having a cartoon in the palm of your hands that you control.
The animations, artwork, soundtrack and replayability is second to none. And to round it all off the frame rate is silky smooth and the controls are great for touch screen. (I’m used to playing on touch, but it does have controller support for anyone who struggles with it!)
This really is an indie masterpiece that you will be playing for a long time.
And to the devs I can’t thank you enough. I’d pay at least £20 for this game. So the current price is more than fair, I actually feel like it’s day light robbery for what you’re actually getting.
Anyone who is unsure about this game and is reading this. Get it, you won’t be disappointed I guarantee it.
It’s Dead Cells! With slight issues
I love Dead Cells having the game on the PS4 and Xbox so to have it on my iPhone is amazing. The game itself is identical to the console and PC big cousins and that should be a glowing recommendation enough.
However, it loses a star for me thanks to the controls which feel slightly awkward, and fractionally laggy (as most on screen analog sticks do) it lacks the accuracy of the console controls and to often I find myself wanting to slam downwards on an an enemy from above only to slide slightly left or right instead. The same also applies for climbing vines, ropes or chains. It feels like the game demands accuracy that the control system can’t quite hit.
The other thing that loses the game it’s vital 5th star is the lack of custom game. This isn’t as big a deal as the floaty controls which have ensured that as a seasoned player of the game I’ve been frustrated trying to get off the initial 0BC levels, but it is another oversight that is a minor irritant.
Overall as a game Dead Cells is fantastic if you like Rogue Like platformers and I would say that apart from the controls any review for the game online on any platform is applicable to this version too. Superb game with a great port but marred by slightly off control system but great for scratching that itch if you have no other access to the game while on the move.
This... is... DEAD CELLS!
My first review ever. I never done that before, as no game before on iOS shocked me in such a good way. Absolute masterpiece. Brutally difficult, easy to learn, super hard to master. As a Soulsborne games veteran I thought I am prepared for this... I was not.
Semi - permadeath (keeping the gold, blueprints) is a brilliant mechanic, makes you want to come back for more.
Graphics are gorgeous for a 2D platformer.
Sounds are top notch
My only complain would be playing it on touch device, but as iOS 14 natively supports third party controllers, that is not a problem anymore
Seriously, use your xbox, ps4 or switch controller. The game is sooooo fast paced it will make the experience much better
Can't recommend enough! Absolute must have piece of indie masterpiece!
Devs, please update and give us weapons, levels and DLC's as on other platforms. Pretty please 🙏🏻
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 905.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2019 Motion Twin
- In-App Purchases
- The Bad Seed £3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.