Finally, Heart Machine's award winning slash-'em-up arrives to iOS in the most polished and refined version yet, the Special Edition.
► Winner of the Audience Award and Excellence in Visual Art awards of the prestigious Independent Games Festival.
► 14 + nominations among the Best Visual Design, Best Audio and Best original Game categories.
► 9/10 Destructoid - A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage.
► 9.5/10 Game Informer - The combination of soundtrack, art, and combat creates a rabbit hole worth your full exploration.
► Eurogamer Recommended - Heart Machine's slash-'em-up is punishing and precise - and incredibly beautiful.
► 9/10 GameSpot - It is more than simply pretty; Hyper Light Drifter uses its visuals to both guide and relax you. The grandest vistas calm your pulse between difficult, breathless combat sequences.
► 8.5 Polygon - Hyper Light Drifter deftly mixes contemplative moments with breakneck action.
► 5 Stars Darkstation - The top-down action-RPG Hyper Light Drifter is an amazing game: gorgeous, a fascinating world to explore, tight controls, beautiful music, and the faith in the player for you to figure things out on your own.
Echoes of a dark and violent past resonate throughout a savage land, steeped in treasure and blood. Drifters of this world are the collectors of forgotten knowledge, lost technologies and broken histories. Our Drifter is haunted by an insatiable illness, traveling further into the lands of Buried Time, hoping to discover a way to quiet the vicious disease.
Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale. Explore a beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with dangers and lost technologies.
● 120 fps gameplay on iPad Pro / 60 fps on iPhone and iPad.
● Compatible with MFi controllers.
● Game Center achievements.
● Haptic Vibration.
● From each character to subtle background elements, everything is lovingly hand-animated.
● Easy to pick up, difficult to master; enemies are vicious and numerous, hazards will easily crush your frail body, and friendly faces remain rare.
● Upgrade weapons, learn new skills, discover equipment and traverse a dark, detailed world with branching paths and secrets abound.
● Evocative soundtrack composed by Disasterpeace.
● All the content from the original game + more weapons, enemies and areas from the Special edition.
- Fixed a graphic glitch that may happen sometimes in the in backgrounds.
Ratings and Reviews
This game would be my favourite of all-time if it wasn’t for the existence of Minecraft. When I found out it was on iOS I was on it like a car bonnet because this game is stunning.
The soundtrack is excellent, the art design is breathtaking, and the game design is fantastic.
The only slightly negative thing about this particular port is that the controls don’t work as well on a handheld device as they do on console/PC. It’s only a real problem in boss battles but even then I got by without too many issues.
Pick this game up. It’s better than pretty much everything else on this store I can guarantee that.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! This review made us smile :)
As for controls: try using a controller (MFi, Xbox or PS4), we think it might make your experience more enjoyable!
I’ve been looking for a game like this for ages, works well with a PS4 controller, stunning visuals and challenging gameplay. The attention to detail from scene to scene makes the game for me
The gameplay and atmosphere are both consistently well-done. My only issue is that guns are kinda hard to use in-game as you either have to move in the direction you shoot or stand still and aim, and even then, they’re not accurate especially if you have to fire quickly, so some sort of auto-aim feature where it helps you to shoot accurately while moving quickly would be a tremendous help. (Perhaps I’m just bad at the game) other than that, everything else is on-point.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Abylight SL
- 852.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Abylight Studios SA licensed by Heart Machine, LLC. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.