Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
We've updated Alto's Adventure to continue to work great on the latest versions of iOS and the newest devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
I've had this game for over a year and keep coming back to it. It gets more challenging as you go, but as you unlock characters and thread together stunts the points go up. Elders add a bit of stress as you have to be doing stunts to outrun them, and the coins are useful to buy extra lives for crashing or falling into chasms. I eventually finished the final level, but last few levels took a long while!
Whilst I love this game I do agree with many others that it’s overpriced for what it is. The graphics are beautiful and calming as is the sound. I’ve been playing for a few weeks now and have only got as far as level 31 keeps me busy though. There are the occasional glitches where I crash land but the game thinks I’m still alive so will just sit there and I’m not able to use my crash helmet to continue. Also, quite a few times I’ve started the game and it won’t let me jump so I’ve had to restart the game. For the price I expect it to be perfect. I have also just purchased Alto Odyssey because I’m curious to see how well it fares to the first one. Other than that it is a good game overall and I do recommend it.
- 133.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.