Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the Home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check the status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANISE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Literally life saving!
Alexa has made such a difference to us. My mother who is disabled has the show at her home and it’s helped her call me after a fall on a few occasions her pendent alarm is not helpful if she falls to far as she’s deaf and can’t hear the call Center but with Alexa she calls me it hears her in any room of her bungalow and I can hear her and what’s happened once I was able to see her fallen and call first responders my son was able to talk to her till I got to her and tell first response her details. We use her for lights, music, news, i home educate and she helps with that ( including helping kids cheat on maths! )
She’s just part of our life we have 3 a show and 2 dots and I’m saving for 4th one for my last room.
We are also going to get the door bell for my mum so she can use Alexa to answer the door!
Mum in her wheelchair is able to use her for lights too which is both a help and a comfort to her.
Alexa changed my life
So I got a Dot for £20 with a Argos deal without really knowing what it could do apart from ask the weather etc.
My word 2 weeks later and what a surprise! Alexa is now fully integrated with my Hive and other smart plugs, I now have a fully automated house.
“Alexa I’m going to bed “ she responds with “Goodnight, don’t forget to check the door is locked, I will switch off downstairs and heating and switch on your bedroom light” Amazing
she also has many other routines set up that make my life easier, including morning routines to switch on the heating and boil the kettle, read me the news and weather.
Unfortunately I got hooked and now have 6 Dots around the house with a couple more planned next time they’re on a deal.
You might think all this would be difficult but you’d be wrong, I’m a pensioner and had all this up and running within an hour, so easy and idiot proof.
The list of skills is endless but I particularly like Guard dog and deter burglars which gives me real security. Also where’s my parcel is great.
If you have an elderly or vulnerable person you worry about, buy 2 and “drop in” on their Dot for a 2 way conversation or to listen in if they’re up and about and ok.
Anyway better bring this to a close otherwise I could go on and on about the benefits.
Connectivity to a fibre-optic Rueter/broadband
Alexa is losing Internet two or three times a day then it will go to 3 days without losing the signal then it will resolve things for six hours then it keeps going on and off so I thought it’s wiring that was all checked all other devices in the whole household are fine many phones, tablets, all Apple equipment, all the laptops, iPads, MacBooks are fine, no matter where I put it in the house it has the same problem no other device does that all the ones I’ve named above Internet itself is fine the signal to my house is fine for everything else works fine Alexa is updated whenever there is a new update coming through so purely I’m losing faith in Alexa.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 250.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © AMZN Mobile LLC 2014-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.