Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPhone with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube CS gives you 7 stompbox effects, 3 amplifiers, 3 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of over 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
AmpliTube CS features:
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 7 stomps, 3 amp, 3 cabinet and 2 mics
• Expandable with over 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
What’s New in v4.14
- Added Early Metal Collection available for purchase. This adds 3 new Amps & Cabs and 3 pedals.
- Updated All-In 2022 Bundles to include gear from Early Metal Collection
- Improved sharing experience with more project export options
Ratings and Reviews
Great fo guitar but keeps crashing!
I downloaded this a while ago but only started to use it within the last few weeks. The free version only gives you 3 tracks to use so I purchased more. Since that purchase I have had relentless crashing issues almost every single time I select a new track to record onto...it’s maddening!! I would honestly say that 90% of the time it crashes. Such a shame because this app is perfect for what I need. I’ve rated 2 stars because of the crashing issue, otherwise I would give it 5 stars.
one of the best amp sims you can get
I was using amplitube with a cheap irig copy and I was getting high floor noise and the low end of the tone disappeared when using with Garageband, also the latency increased. Got irig hd 2, and WOW. Now even with bags of gain it's all super quiet, and amplitube in garageband sounds exactly the same as standalone, AND the latency is super low and pretty much unnoticeable! Lesson learned! Detracting 1 star because the drum machine is too inadequate for any serious use, it only has 2 fills, no one can write a song with 2 fills, also the randomizer is just dumb, I was literally laughing. I'll give AT 5 stars when I'll see a proper drum machine in there, I'd happily pay for it, within reason. Other than that, there are a few amps and pedals in Amplitube IOS that frankly are killer, especially the some high gain models, and I am a tube amp nutter. It won't replace my tube amps, but it's the closest darn thing I know, and in a mix Amplitube sounds great regardless. Just try for yourself by getting Amplitube CS (free) and buying the Engl Powerball for about 10 bucks, it's pretty incredible. In the end I bought the whole suite, and I don't regret it at all, this is a pro amp sim for pro musicians, there's nothing second rated in this software. The reliability is rock solid on my old Ipad Pro, never had any problems whatsoever.
Recently gone to s#!+
Not sure if it’s because I updated the app or updated to iOS16 on my phone or both, but in the last week or so this has become pretty much unusable (and it used to be great). 2 main issues: (1) terrible background buzzing and even worse distortion when playing. It’s definitely AmpliTube not my instrument setup as GarageBand is fine. (2) the tuner is hopeless: most of the time it doesn’t even register that a note is being played and on the intermittent occasions it does, it wanders all over the place: as with (1), GarageBand doesn’t do this so the problem is with this app not my instrument setup.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 869.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2002-2022 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX £17.99
- Chorus £3.49
- Overdrive £3.49
- Metal amp £4.49
- Fender Collection 1 £21.99
- Clean amp £4.49
- Bass amp £4.49
- Wah £3.49
- Reverb £3.49
- Fuzz £3.49