Want the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio?
AmpliTube gives you a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and anywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and cabinet with mics. Plug your instrument into your iPhone with one of IK's interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube CS gives you 7 stompbox effects, 3 amplifiers, 3 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder.
You can expand this via a massive library of nearly 150 amps and stompboxes from top brands like Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, and many more, or unlock the rigs of your heroes with gear from Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix, and now Brian May.
Ready to hit the stage? AmpliTube’s Live Mode offers an optimized GUI for live use, with all the settings and controls you need in an easy-to-read format.
Control your virtual rig just like real gear: change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. AmpliTube pairs with iRig Stomp I/O for a powerful all-in-one stage rig, works wirelessly with iRig Blueboard, and supports other MIDI controllers as well.
AmpliTube also offers innovative ways to play, practice and record with an optional Looper, more drum track loops, a full 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio all available for in-app purchase.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
AmpliTube CS features:
• Create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Includes 7 stomps, 3 amp, 3 cabinet and 2 mics
• Expandable with nearly 150 gear models available from Fender™, Ampeg®, Orange®, Mesa/Boogie®, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and now Brian May
• Live Mode shows your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
New in version 4.9: Brian May Collection with 11 new gear models. Get tones that will rock you by the iconic Queen guitarist.
Ratings and Reviews
Paid £20 and still loads of ADDs!
I bought this for my son and every time we try to edit our recordings it shows an add. We can see 2 or 3 adds in a few seconds of each other. Seriously all within 30seconds or so. Your ruining your own apps dudes! Cut out the adds when people have paid or at least only show on start up!!
Good but a financial risk?
After trying several other guitar amp/fx apps I decided that overall I liked this free version the best. It works fine with my budget priced guitar/iPhone interface (a Tiger ICO2 WH) plus my old Gibson Les Paul, and it makes a good clear sounds with very little feedback problem.
Also liked the feature of being able to turn fiddly knobs with the right hand sidebar. A neat little touch that for iPhone users which other guitar fx apps seem to lack.
I purchased an extra pedal fx- the Choir, which is quite amazing because you can layer up to 3 extra voices within an octave of the pitch you play; kept me happy for hours!
I'd be tempted to buy the full package if it weren't for the caveat that it seems you can't restore purchases made previously through the free version. I'd need assurances that this is no longer the case, and all buyers can use the app on both iPhone and iPad platforms without paying double the cost.
I got the free version thankfully and found that I had about three amp settings and even less pedals. There wasn’t even a clean amp to choose from and each amp is around £5. I then downloaded GarageBand and it had countless options for free. If you’re willing to spend upwards of £50 on sounds, then still don’t get the app, buy real pedals instead because they will sound better for the same cost
In-App PurchasesSee All
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 666.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2002-2019 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX £14.99
- Overdrive £3.99
- Chorus £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.