Note: The game is not full screen on iPhone 5
Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
- AN IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE WITH UNIQUE STORYTELLING
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.
- 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR IPHONE & IPAD
• Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
• New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
• 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
• 100% remastered Sounds and FX
• Game Center with 13 achievements
• 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- CURIOUS? More info on:
Compatibility with the latest OS and bug fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
This was one of my favourite games as a teenager and it was wonderful to play again after 20 years!
They have done a brilliant job with the iOS port. The game is just as atmospheric as I remember and surprisingly simple to control on a small iPhone screen.
The game is shorter than I remember but incredibly playable.
I'd love to see more games in this style, it's a true classic!
I remember the original with a mixture of fondness and annoyance. Twenty years on, and the fondness has gone. For me the controls in this new version were a disaster. Double taps to run simply made the character do a little jerk. Tapping on an enemy to fire the gun made the character stand up and get shot!
The game always was a low frame rate lagfest. You'd think they'd at least fix that, but the same old fashioned graphics and gameplay remain. They were all we had back in the day, but come on! I really don't understand the positive reviews here.
I got this for 69p, and it wasn't worth it.
Stunning, just stunning!
I grew up playing this on the Amiga and was anticipating a let down. Thank you for proving me wrong. Stunning visuals, the controls took some time to work out but eventually for the hang of it, and was immersed! Please, please make Flashback. I will happily pay £100 for the privilege!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 225 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 Eric Chahi, Digital Lounge. Developed and published by DotEmu. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.