"A gamers pixel point-and-click dream" -The Daily Fandom
"one of the most substantial point-and-click adventures we've played in a while" -Newsweek
"nostalgic, emotional, and beautiful" -Noisy Pixel
Whispers of a Machine is a Sci-Fi Nordic Noir that tells the story of Vera, a cybernetically augmented special agent tasked with investigating a string of murders. These brutal killings obscure a sinister truth, as Vera soon finds ties to a group of fanatics committed to creating an AI superintelligence — a pursuit outlawed for nearly a century.
Complicating things, a great loss from Vera's past comes back to haunt her, making her question her own sanity and everything she stands for.
As an agent of the Central Bureau, Vera is equipped with an advanced nano-substance called Blue. This rare and sought-after technology allows her to develop superhuman abilities adapted to her psychological mindset.
Choose your playstyle and utilize these augmentations to investigate, gather information, and solve puzzles with multiple solutions.
Will Vera’s unique blend of skills and intuition be enough to solve the case, or will she discover that things are more ambiguous than they seemed? In this emotionally gripping story with existential twists and multiple endings, Vera's actions will have monumental consequences not only for herself, but for all of humanity...
- INVESTIGATION, AUGMENTED: Will Vera approach situations with a more empathetic, analytical, or assertive style? Your choices will impact her augmentations and subsequent puzzle solutions.
- A POST-AI FUTURISTIC DYSTOPIA: Immerse yourself in a realized world of beautifully hand-drawn pixel art design and gorgeous settings influenced by the Nordics.
- POINT-AND-CLICK INNOVATION: A groundbreaking entry to the point-and-click adventure game genre by the experienced developers of Kathy Rain and The Samaritan Paradox.
- PROFESSIONALLY VOICED: 4,000+ lines of dialogue with full English voice acting, directed by Wadjet Eye Games' Dave Gilbert.
** Images featured above have been taken on devices that support 16:9 resolution. Devices with resolutions that exceed 16:9 may experience issues with image scaling and clarity.
A few small changes
Ratings and Reviews
More games like this needed
A great story driven game. Personally, I found the ending a bit too easy to see coming; but I finished it, had to - which is saying a lot as I don’t bother to finish most games I start now.
The story moves forward by acting on new information you have learned, or investigating obtained evidence. No random puzzle nonsense. How to move forward being reasonably implied and communicated by events - rather than their being disjointed and ‘try everything’ scenarios.
I’ve only played it once so not sure if (or how much) the augs you get based on your dialogue choices affect how you go about progressing with the case. Or what happens for that matter. Although I’m uncertain you can get different augs? I’ll probably try Kathy Rain (or any others <ahem>) prior to replaying to find out though.
I’ve really enjoyed playing this, it could have gone so many ways.
I think it would have been near perfect with a few more actual puzzles and I think the ending didn’t take advantage of all the details that they’d introduced along the way.
I did stumble across a bug in Stina’s house where one of the items was labelled “DUMMY_07” or something similar and there was nothing there.
Great sci-fi noir adventure
100% recommend this game. Fantastic graphics. Engrossing plot. Wonderful game mechanics. Excellent voice acting and music. Really continues the fine work they did with Kathy Rain.
1) It’s over too quickly. Wish this was the first case of many.
2) The augmentations are incredibly cool and I want to use them more! But there’s not enough opportunity to take advantage of them throughout the game.
I can however kind of accept these minor flaws because I’m about to give it another play through, but this time making different choices, and hopefully opening up some new augs to use. Cheers Cliff Top games, you’ve smashed it out the park.
- Raw Fury AB
- 773 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Raw Fury
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.