Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks, all on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch. You will find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors and more – all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, children's books, comics and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts and find new releases, limited-time offers and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples – sometimes before they are available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you would like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favourite audiobooks during your next hike, run or exercise session, straight from your wrist.
• Customise your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colours. Use Auto-Night mode and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable for your eyes. Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of turning pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with up to six family members using Family Sharing.
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page on all your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires them to be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
Ratings and Reviews
Page turn animation option reinstated in 16.4!
Hooray! Editing my review back up from 1 star to 4, to reflect the fact that with the page turn animation reinstated, I can actually use the app again. Nice to be able to read books on my phone again (unlike other reviewers, I didn't find any of the alternative e-reader apps enjoyable enough to switch to).
There seem to be some issues with synchronising progress between my iPad and iPhone, and library management is a bit of a pain with a big library (sort by author mixes first names and surnames, sort by title uses series title not book title for anything considered to be part of a series, I can't find a way to see just the books I've already bought but haven't yet read, etc.), but I'm so relieved to have the excellent page-turn animation back, I almost don't care. Thank you for listening to the users, Apple!
You had one job!
Store and synchronise the last place I left off in my book. That’s it, that’s your one job! How in the absolutely mercy of Christ can this app do such a bad job! The iPad defaults to the start of the chapter *every single time* I open the app. Sometimes, when I touch the screen to scroll, it then jumps to where I actually left off. Sometimes I end up waaay back in my chapters. You know what just happened when I opened my current read on my iPhone (which I’d been scrolling through one hour ago on my iPad), hmm? It showed where I’d left off, the exact right spot- I was so surprised. I adjust the font size, go to scroll, and BOOM, suddenly I’m *roughly 25 chapters back*. I say roughly because I don’t actually know- working my way forward using the contents has run into another bug- if I scroll on from chapter 40 (works fine on the iPad btw), I get a black screen with no interface, just a glitching loading spinner. This is reading plain text. Now when I try and select chapter 41, I get sent to chapter 28. It’s not supposed to be this hard. I’m twitching from the stress of trying to read a book! For the love of all that is sacred in literature, QA, and the standards of core software, get it together. Seriously, you guys dare to think you can handle AR headsets when you can’t write an e-reader. HA!
Used to be good until we had to instal ios16. I am a blind person who uses voiceover. Since the update it has become harder to read with Apple Books. You now have to slide upwards with 3 fingers to turn a page and when you turn it there are words missing from the new page. This spoils the reading experience and spoils the book. Apple need to deal with this quickly as we have paid money for our books and don’t deserve our experience to be spoilt. Many blind people use apple products as their devices are best for us to use. I hope somebody at apple reads this and makes the situation better. I won’t be buying anymore books from you if the app remains like this. It’s a shame because i have enjoyed using the app untiil now and it is an excellent way to buy books. Before the update i would have given Apple Books 5 stars but not now. I’m glad I’ve had my say. Why is it that people always try to mend things that don’t neeed fixing. It’s what happens when you have to much money coming in and not enough to do.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.