GarageBand turns your iPad and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards and guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone or guitar to instantly record a performance, with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad and iPhone like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favourite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad or iPhone
• Share your songs using email or to social media sites like SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to some social media sites may require apps like iMovie, Clips or other third-party apps
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This game is brilliant I play it quite often and it’s fun making your own ringtones. I was loving it from the start. But… it is quite a complicated game and beginners like me might need a tutorial I haven’t found one at all that worry’s me for garage band because their rating might go down and things like that. Also when you’re making a song you might want it to sound professional yes don’t get me wrong you can do that but when I go into the game there is a lot of different instruments. But if you really want vocals I have found you have to record them yourself??? Why record them when you can get like preset ones for example the vocal from Worlds Smallest Violin. You could use those song’s vocals for your song and that would be really nice and make the game much more enjoyable for me personally because I play this every time I can and the songs in the end make me feel a lot happier. Please respond developers and please fix these two things it would make your ratings a lot better. Have a good day 🤗🤗🤗
A Good App... Ruined.
Ok. “You can please some of the people, some of the time” etc. Yes it’s a freebie. What do I want for free? As a committed long term LogicPro user I have recently entered the wonderful world of iOS music apps. To describe Garageband as not fit for purpose is to be polite. As a sketch pad for material designed to be transferred into LogicPro it needs to be redesigned from the ground up and made fit for purpose. Midi, audio, require seamless integration in the 21st Century. The fact that devices like AUM don’t permit audio recording into the app drives me to consider buying Cubasis 2 which does what I need at a price. Have Apple just given up on business? Audio timing is way out of sync if your trying to do anything other than the most basic thing using the onboard stock sounds. If Apple want a proprietary sealed system why open it to outside development?
By all means use GB if you are new to making music but you will eventually want something to take your ideas forward and - at the moment - it won’t be Apple.
Apple; no more cool ideas now is the time for cool implementation and building an iOS system which can actually compete with your competitors who are currently leaving you way behind. Or aren’t you interested anymore?
It is a fun app and amazing but I would like to point out that when I try to make the free ringtone or whenever I go on the app it goes dark and I can’t see the musical instruments I can click on the icon but as soon as it goes in the music part nothing is there apart from the record sign, the stop and the play button. Then if I try to put the music in there is no lasso loop in the right hand corner. I wanted to make a free ringtone because it’s so much work if you download it onto the computer and I don’t want to waste money on ringtones. This ringtone part has worked for my friend and she keeps trying to explain but nothing is there for me what they’re talking about. I have deleted it and reinstalled it about 7 times and nothing has happened. I do wish this glitch could be fixed. I hope you see this review and fix it. I do suggest this app because it is amazing however this minor glitch is getting in the way. Download this app it is great. I hope this glitch can be fixed right away.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.