Enjoy BBC Science Focus Magazine, the UK's leading science and technology monthly, on your iPhone and iPad. Dive into the latest issue, download the entire back issue collection and save more with a subscription.
From space travel to brain science, BBC Science Focus Magazine will give you the lowdown on the latest discoveries and the big breakthroughs affecting our future. Interviews with leading scientists and world-leading experts will provide you with thoughtful, accurate analysis, helping you to understand what's going on in the fast-moving world of science. Plus, all your burning questions will be answered in the popular Q&A section.
Our App makes it easy to read and enjoy each issue with helpful features like text adjust, allowing you to amend the font size for clear reading on any device size. You can also bookmark your favourite features to revisit, and browse our archive of content with the handy search tool. Plus, you'll find stunning video and audio inside which bring each issue to life.
Our team investigates the science behind the headlines. We pore over the research and talk to world-leading experts to find answers to questions like: How can you protect yourself from air pollution? Is screen time bad for you? Are all plastics bad for the planet?
Every month, the best science writers in the world explore the big mysteries of our time. From the inner workings of our brains to the cosmic machinations of our Universe, each issue is full of surprises.
We share the best science TV, books, podcasts and radio of the month ahead. PLUS tech experts help us find the best gadgets that money can buy.
Terms and Conditions:
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms & will unlock all premium content on the BBC Science Focus Magazine Apple News channel.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
**Please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies
- NEW Bookmarks - save your favourite features in one easily accessible place
- NEW Search - browse our archive of magazines to discover more content on the subjects you love
- NEW Text Adjust - amend the font size for easy reading even on smaller devices
- NEW Landscape Reading for iPad
We've redesigned our app to make it easier and more enjoyable to read BBC Science Focus Magazine on your iPhone or iPad than ever before and we hope you love the update. To share your feedback, please email us at: email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to love it.
I used to love this app when it was the old style where it was just like a magazine where you turn the pages then zoom in to read the articles. But it’s nothing like that anymore and there doesn’t seem to be as many articles as before. Sorry to say I have ended my subscription for this reason.
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry that you do not like the new format. We carried out a lot of user testing before making this change and we feel that this solution offers the best reading experience for customers across all of the different screen sizes on Apple devices. We are reviewing all feedback over a measured time period to get a fair and accurate picture of people’s reaction to the new format. After this we will make any appropriate changes.
We value your custom and are sad to hear of your dissatisfaction but, we hope you will stay with us as we make this journey.
Magazine is good - app is clunky
I've enjoyed Focus for many years and been a digital subscriber since the app first appeared. Happy to say the mag is still great value and, while the level seems to be pitched at the average 16 year old, it does lead me on to searching for stuff on the web. I'm sorry to say the app is not as good now as the initial release was and it's very unreliable.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you find the app to be clunky. Please consider contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with more information so we can look at ways to improve the app.
Why aren’t the further questions at the end of the articles linked to the relevant article for subscribed members? It would make finding out more about an issue easier!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We log and consider all suggestions from our valued customers. We are planning a new feature for the app linkiunf to related articles, so we may be able to incorporate your suggestion at that time.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 41 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription £4.99
- 12-Month Subscription £44.99
- 6-Month Subscription £24.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.