BBC Science Focus Magazine charts the discoveries and ideas at the forefront of science and technology and explains them in plain English.
With every monthly issue, we use science to help our readers make sense of the issues that affect us all through the use of fascinating authoritative articles that are illustrated with stunning images. We’ll guide you through everything from the latest thinking on the brain to what we might discover beyond our known universe and the tech driving our future. You just won’t be able to put it down!
Each month you can expect:
Whether you’re obsessed with space exploration, passionate about your health or fascinated by the natural world, we bring you the latest breakthroughs on the topics that matter.
Our team investigates the science behind the headlines. We pore over the research and talk to world-leading experts to find answers to questions like: How can you protect yourself from air pollution? Is screen time bad for you? Are all plastics bad for the planet?
Every month, the best science writers in the world explore the big mysteries of our time. From the inner workings of our brains to the cosmic machinations of our Universe, each issue is full of surprises.
Questions and Answers
Our panel of experts is on hand to answer your burning questions. Want to know what’s beyond the edge of the Universe? Why elephants are wrinkly? Or what fish drink? You’ll find your answers here.
We share the best science TV, books, podcasts and radio of the month ahead. PLUS tech experts help us find the best gadgets that money can buy.
Our iPad and iPhone editions bring you:
· Stunning additional images to the print magazine that are pan-zoomable
· Audio interviews with the finest minds in science and technology
· Video content covering the hottest topics
· Optimised layout - perfect for reading on an iPad or iPhone
· Glorious retina display
· Bookmarking functionality so that you can easily save & revisit your favourite features
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms & will unlock all premium content on the BBC Science Focus Magazine Apple News channel.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email email@example.com or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
*Please note: this digital edition does not include the cover-mount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using our app! Here are the latest enhancements you’ll find in our update:
*Bug fix for videos
*General bug fixes
We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Used to love it.
I used to love this app when it was the old style where it was just like a magazine where you turn the pages then zoom in to read the articles. But it’s nothing like that anymore and there doesn’t seem to be as many articles as before. Sorry to say I have ended my subscription for this reason.
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry that you do not like the new format. We carried out a lot of user testing before making this change and we feel that this solution offers the best reading experience for customers across all of the different screen sizes on Apple devices. We are reviewing all feedback over a measured time period to get a fair and accurate picture of people’s reaction to the new format. After this we will make any appropriate changes.
We value your custom and are sad to hear of your dissatisfaction but, we hope you will stay with us as we make this journey.
I was looking forward to reading the magazine on my iPad Pro 12.9 but all I get when I try to view an edition is a black screen. I am running the latest operating system and a good tablet and even my iPhone Max will open it so I'm not sure what is wrong.
The subscription is no good to me if it will not open so a waste of £9.99. I have no problems with other applications.
I tried clicking on the App Support link in the App Store but although a tab opens in Safari nothing else happens and I get I server timed out message but all the other websites load successfully.
What a shambles.
Basic content, odd layout
Knowledge aimed at 12 year olds. Format aimed at people who operate in 4 dimensions of space. I’m not sure what is wrong with a simple page following page format; like a magazine.
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 40.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- December 2010 £4.99
- January 2011 £4.99
- February 2011 £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.