This sample has all the features of the larger app so that you can try it out. Written and designed by experts, the app has specially written text, professionally produced bird songs and calls, and carefully selected photos showing a variety of plumages. You can add your own photos to the app to compliment the images provided and to really make the app your own. In addition, this is the only quality bird app to include extensive record keeping features, with iCloud syncing to keep your data safe.
"A twitcher's dream" - Matt Bingham, The Sunday Times
Selected by Apple for their "What's Hot" list since launch.
Birds of Britain Pro is a field guide:
• High quality photos for each bird, showing a selection of male, female, juvenile, alternate plumage, flight image and nest
• For many birds, an annotated photo shows key features, to help distinguish similar species
• Add your own photos of the bird or its habitat
• Specially written text covers rarity status, distribution, appearance, habitat, diet, lifespan, nesting habits, and more
• Recordings of songs and calls
• European distribution map for each bird
• Make a shortlist of favourite birds for fast access
• 'Here and Now' feature shows birds in your part of the country and this time of year
• Search by name, scientific name, part of name
• Sort alphabetically by name or second name, by taxonomic group, or by length
Birds of Britain Pro is a bird identifier:
• Use the 'Bird Finder' for fast identification of unknown birds
• Enter details such as size, colour, bill length and other features, date, habitat and location to select a shortlist
• Results are presented as a display of photos so that you can quickly spot the best match
Birds of Britain Pro is a record keeper:
• Mark birds as seen, note the location, time and date, make notes, view your records on a map or as a list, and download as an Excel file.
• Add your own photos to your sightings
• The app includes iCloud syncing so that your sightings will automatically synchronise across your devices (it is initially off, so if you would like to use it, please go to the Settings section of the app to enable it).
• You can transfer your sightings to someone else's device by using the email back-up.
• In addition to the birds featured, the app also recognises the names of over 650 species and subspecies, so that you can record sightings of these birds.
We have many years experience of developing biological software and this has enabled us to pack the app full of features while keeping it simple and easy to use. All the listed features are included in the app when you buy it - we don't have in-app purchase and we won't ask you to sign-up or register for anything.
To keep up with the latest news:
Facebook (Chirp! & Chirpomatic birdsong apps): www.facebook.com/chirpbirdsongs
Facebook (Nature Guides): www.facebook.com/ispinynatureguides
The app has been updated to keep in line with the full version of Birds of Britain Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
This looks a lovely app. But why nothing about the much-loved House Sparrow? Disappointing! That’s why I haven’t given the app 5 stars.
Next best thing to waste of space on an iPad. I have the full version so thought I’d put this on my grandson’s iPad to encourage him with bird spotting, but it’s useless. For example under “birds of prey” there is only the Hobby, which if one turned up anywhere near his home would be a birders idea of heaven.
Don’t bother downloading this and probably don’t go for their full version either if this is how they think they can attract new custom from children upgrading.
If I could review without stars I would.
Why no Ring Necked British Parakeet? I'm sitting at my daughters in South London listening to them which is the only reason I downloaded this app to get more info, but you don't list this widely recognised British Bird. Best update don't you think. All your Apps are great incidentally 😄
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Spiny Software Ltd
- 114.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Spiny Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.