The Birmingham Live app is designed to offer local news stories and articles from Birmingham to the West Midlands. Keep up to date with your favourite football and rugby teams and find out what's going on in your neighbourhood with Birmingham Live.
Read daily news and watch videos on celebrity gossip and sports from around the globe. Discover local news and sports events in West Brom, Wolves, Aston Villa or Birmingham City, all from the convenient Birmingham Live app.
Birmingham Live features:
Follow Local News Stories
- Follow breaking news and events in Birmingham, West Midlands and the rest of the world, including blogs and live video.
Check in to Local Sports Teams
- Follow your favourite football teams like West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers to get the latest news and stay up to date with live local sporting events.
Breaking UK and World News
- See what’s happening in the rest of the world with sports and news coverage on West Brom, Wolves and Aston Villa, along with breaking global news stories.
Local Restaurants and Special Events
- Read up on Birmingham restaurant guides and reviews, keep up to date with local festivals, and find out what special events are happening near you.
Celebrity News and TV Guides
- Stay informed on trending TV & Film news and reviews. Find articles about your favourite celebs and read up on all the latest gossip before anyone else.
Family Fun and Other Activities
- Search for special family events at the local zoo, see the hottest theatre shows or read up on articles that feed your nostalgia. There’s plenty of fun activities to find with Birmingham Live.
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
Download the Birmingham Live app today to see what’s on and to always stay informed of the latest in local news.
For more information, visit us at http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/
To offer feedback, send an email to email@example.com
This release is about fixing bugs and updating dependencies in the backend, to help reduce some crashes a few users have been experiencing. We have also made some additional fixes around logging in to commenting, that some users were experiencing.
We do have a much bigger commenting update on the way, with a whole new native experience and we can’t wait to share it with you. So hang there commenters, it’s almost ready.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the new update
The app has a fresh new look, not too many ads and is relevant to where I live. You can follow journalists and get news on what areas of the city you are interested in. Only feature i would like is to reorder the tabs so you can get to what you want to read first without having to scroll across. Good job apps team!
Utterly hopeless, clickbait, censored tat
To call this a local news app is a travesty. Crammed with clickbait and dross stories with no relevance to the region. Crammed with ‘celebrity’ (in the loosest possible sense) tat. Milks genuine news stories for weeks at a time, multiple times a day. All with a slightly anti-authority left wing slant to appease it’s Daily Mirror owners. The very worst aspect of this app is the almost impossibly censored comment section. Now I get that there are potential issues with this but it clearly uses some sort of keyword algorithm. Which is patently broken and programmed by a frightened student. It places even the most innocuous or sensible comments under permanent review, while still allowing some to make blatantly racist or abusive comments unchecked. This is the reason it’s full of multi 3 word posts by the same authors who get around it by splitting their messages. Pointless, depressing and makes the site ultra scruffy. And don’t start me on spelling and grammar... Avoid!
Glitchy, Glitchy, Glitchy.
I have tried so hard to like this app’, but it is riddled with little glitches that make it near impossible to navigate. It starts right from the privacy settings which only seems to let you progress if you accept them all and seems to ignore your direction if you attempt to reject them! Then there’s the constant adverts that pop up at just the wrong moment and litter the screen making it difficult to find the news story you were trying to read.
Reading should be a pleasure. This app’ makes it a laborious and frustrating chore. Deleted!
Developer Response ,
Hi Andreous, we'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you better in this regard?
This shouldn't be happening and it's not the normal behaviour, so more details about your issue would be appreciated so we can investigate this odd scenario and fix it.
Again we'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.
The ReachPLC App Team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 55.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.