The BT Sport app for smartphones and tablets allows BT Sport subscribers to watch all our channels live, on the go and in stunning high definition, as well as a huge number of clips, long-form highlights, and full replays.
Key features of the app:
- Live streaming of BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, ESPN on BT Sport and BoxNation, in stunning HD
- Award winning ‘Enhanced player’ gives users greater control of their viewing experience, with a navigable timeline with key moments highlighted to go back and re-watch anytime, live in-game stats, goal-alerts, multicam replays and much more
- On-demand catch-up of full BT Sport programmes
- An array of video clips including highlights, interviews and more
- ‘Virtual Reality 360’ at selected events for a more immersive experience
- HDR for selected events (subscription terms apply)
- Ability to Chromecast and Airplay onto big screens (subscription terms apply)
- Ability to Chromecast in 4K HDR (subscription terms apply)
- Ability to Airplay in 4K or HDR (depending on device settings and subscription terms apply)
Keep up to date with BT Sport’s wide-ranging line-up of live events including: Football from the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Premier League, FA Cup, Bundesliga, Ligue 1; Rugby from the Gallagher Premiership, European Rugby Champions Cup and Challenge Cup, Fighting from UFC, Boxing, and WWE, Racing from MotoGP and Motorsports; and much more, with video highlights, news, and more.
- Anyone can download the app and watch a select number of video clips
- A valid BT Sport subscription and BT ID are needed to access live content
- Mobile network and wifi charges may apply
- It is possible to install and access the app on as many devices as you like, but users are restricted to two video streams running at the same time per BT ID
- All video is available within the United Kingdom, EU, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Iceland (for subscribers) - in order to stream video you will have to turn on location services. No data is passed to BT.
Thanks for using BT Sport. This update fixes an issue launching the Enhanced Player from BT Sport Ultimate
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Football games have been downgraded on this app
Before when watching a football game on the BT app you had a time line of events that you could go back to and watch that snippet if there was a goal or a red card for example, then just click the live button to go back to live.
For some reason they have decided to take this feature away. Now if you want to find a goal that you might have missed if you started watching late, you have to keep moving the slider back until you find it.
Please change this back to how it used to be or at least add the timeline of events to the new way the app looks!
Developer Response ,
Hi Garren27, the timeline is still there in the enhanced player, its a very popular feature we'd never take away. So sounds like you were watching the match in the standard player. The big events are usually at the top on the home screen, and clicking one gives you the choice of Enhanced or Standard player. Alternatively, if you click on the BT Sport channel directly then you'll be taken straight to the Standard player, with a popup asking you if you want to watch in the enhanced player. Hopefully this helps and clears things up. Thanks - Antony
Spoilers and casting
I think I’m not alone in being extremely frustrated at having many events ruined for me because of spoilers. UFC in particular being from the uk and most recently BVB v FCB in the bundesliga. Straight on the home page, highlights and the score next to it. Given how difficult it is to have a media black out in this day and age, to then have the game/event spoiled the second I open the app is extremely frustrating and makes me wonder if it’s even worth my subscription. I have seen other comments and your replies are that you are going ahead with a spoiler free version. That’s brilliant but may I suggest you give the option to make the app spoiler free as a whole? Rather than having to navigate through the app to get to the spoiler free section? Because your app is full of spoilers! Also, why can I not Cast some of the UFC fight night replays? I have to watch it on my tiny phone screen and there is no information to be found anywhere as to why I can’t cast these particular shows onto my television. I pay my subscription mainly for the UFC, the fact you make some events pay per view is ridiculous with the monthly cost you already charge but that’s another issue. I do not feel I’m getting my money’s worth when the events get ruined for me, and when I wake up on a Sunday morning, having to watch the event on a 6 inch screen!
Developer Response ,
Hi Grubzee - on Sunday we launched version 8.5.0 of our BT Sport app which allows you to choose whether you want the app to launch into the Spoiler Free Replays page or the regular home page. Visit the "More" section and choose your Landing Page..... We also now allow Replays to be played in the Standard Player, which means you can cast them to the big TV. Thanks for getting in touch and let us know how you get on. - Antony
No timeline any more
I love watching champions league games on BT Sport, but one of the best features, the timeline in the Enhance player, has gone on my iPad Pro and iPhone, which is now no better than the standard player except for the ability to manually rewind (but without the icons to signify events in the game). It seems BT believe it is still there, but it isn’t! I can see lots of people complaining about this on here and on the BT forum, but BT simply say “we can’t reproduce this, we don’t see this” etc. despite screenshots from customers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, kept my devices up to date with iOS and yet it still does not work. The price for my subscription keeps rising, but the experience is getting worse. Come on BT, please fix this properly for all users or you will start to lose them.
- British Telecommunications plc
- 244.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Gambling and Contests
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- © British Telecommunications plc 2014
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.