The official app of Country Walking - with you wherever you go. Enjoy access to the best walking routes in Britain, along with independent outdoor gear reviews, in-depth features, amusing outdoor stories, award-winning photography and more!
Features we love:
- Read the magazine in full, as soon as it arrives in shops.
- 27 route cards each month, featuring freshly-researched walks for you
- Home of #Walk1000Miles, the annual walking challenge for everyone!
- Search to see everything written about your next destination or gear you need
- Bookmark your favourite articles for later.
Country Walking is Britain's best-selling walking magazine, and home of #Walk1000Miles! Whether it's a trip to the Lake District or a simple wander in your local woods, Country Walking helps you discover Britain on foot, with trusted reviews of all the gear you need. We show you the views, the hidden gems, the sea cliffs and the mountain summits.
Every issue of Country Walking magazine delivers:
- Amazing walks with trusted Ordnance Survey maps
- Exclusive columns by Stuart Maconie (Radio star and lifelong walker) and special guest columnists every issue
- Celeb interviews (Julia Bradbury, Clare Balding, David Dimbleby)
- The best consumer advice on walking boots, clothing and outdoor kit
- Amazing photography capturing the UK’s most spectacular landscapes
- In-depth features & outdoor adventures from the UK’s best writers
- Your stories & pictures
In-depth stories of amazing walks you’ll want to discover for yourself, from the Cornish coast to the Scottish Highlands via the Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Brecon Beacons – and every county in between.
BRITAIN’S BEST WALKS
With step-by-step instructions. There’s one near you! Search or browse the back catalogue of our issues for even more routes.
Information to plan your every walk: hotels, pubs, cafes, tearooms, local food and drink and visitor attractions.
GEAR KIT REVIEWS
Clear, jargon-free tests of walking kit, including boots, waterproofs, rucksacks, jackets, GPS and much more.
Our readers are part of the team. Every issue our readers tell their walking stories, help us devise new walks and shape the places we go to.
Want to find a great country walk near you?
Want to stay fit?
Want to know the facilities, accommodation and parking available nearby?
If you’re into the great outdoors and enjoy walking in beautiful, British countryside, this is the magazine for you. We’ve got it covered.
PLEASE NOTE: This app is optimised for iOS 11, 12, 13 & 14. It's also built for devices that run 64-bit processors, or more. If you're using an iPad 1 or 2, iPad Mini 1 or iPhone 5 (or before) you may struggle to run this app smoothly.
This update fixes a problem that a small number of users had when restoring their purchases. So you can get to the latest edition of your favourite magazine even quicker!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Since the enigmatic and somewhat legendary new editor, Guy, appeared on the scene, this mag has improved no end.
There nearly always routes & walks you’ve not tried near to you, and ideas for further afield. Would be nice if the app could be a bit more interactive, but still, if you’re into the more genteel side of the great outdoors, this is a lovely, well-crafted magazine with fab pics & traditional journalism at its best. Enjoy!
The App is useful because it means you don’t have to carry a briefcase with all the magazines, but it isn’t really an App. It’s more a way of reading print magazines on a tiny screen where the pages of the walks are always the wrong orientation. Searching is poor. You can search all day for a place that you know is covered by a walk without finding it. To be honest, you’re better off reading the printed magazine and then following the route on the Ordnance Survey App which is very good.
Always enjoyed the magazine, thought I’d try the online version, couple of things which need to be addressed:
1. Reading the routes on a tablet is a nightmare, and a printable version of the routes would be a great feature.
2. You can’t fill the crossword in
- Bauer Corporate Services
- 50.4 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Bauer Media
- In-App Purchases
- Country Walking Subscriptions £34.99
- Country Walking Subscriptions £9.99
- CW's Walking Pages Free Download
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.