Uses routing information from a number of sources and prefers all bicycle paths and low intensity roads - everywhere! See your route's elevation profile!
Provides you with clear turn-by-turn instructions indicating your next turn, which you can see at a glance. CycleMaps clearly indicates the name of the street where you need to turn and the distance to it. All this information without interfering in what matters the most: the map.
Cutting edge route planning and navigation on your wrist. Works independently of phone. Navigate with haptic feedback at a glance, store your rides as workouts! Works independently of iPhone.
Keep track of the distance you cycle and the calories you burn using CycleMaps and Apple Health!
ONE APP, ALL COUNTRIES
No need to download other apps for other countries. CycleMaps has routes and maps for all over the world. Everything is provided with this one download.
CycleMaps doesn't just do point to point routes - routes with any number of waypoints are supported!
GPX & KML SUPPORT
Import and ride routes from your cycling club or any source! Export routes as GPX!
SEE CYCLE PATHS AROUND YOU. OR USE APPLE MAPS. OR GOOGLE MAPS.
Choose between Apple Maps, Google Maps or maps from the OpenCycleMap project that show you all cycle paths around you. Cycling becomes a breeze!
Store your favourite routes. Create an account and sync them with all your devices!
Mount your iPhone in your bicycle and never get lost! A powerful cycling computer that tracks your speed and distance. An easy to see display shows you when you go off course and how to get back on track. CycleMaps learns how fast you are cycling historically and estimates when you will arrive during your current trip.
AMAZING SEARCHING ABILITY
CycleMaps has the best searching facility in the business. Find addresses, postcodes, landmarks, businesses and more to cycle to and from. Want to find the nearest cafe? Just search for cafe!
Set up your home in the app and cycle there quickly. Use 3D Touch and make it there even faster!
CycleMaps is written very efficiently. It's quick, very responsive and uses as little battery as possible while cycling!
Found a problem? have a suggestion? Please contact us at feedback @ cyclema.ps
CycleMaps is ad-supported. You can choose to purchase CycleMaps Premium, a low cost yearly subscription that will remove the ads, offer access to CycleMaps for Apple Watch, give you voice navigation and more. The subscription is renewable and will automatically renew every year at the same price unless cancelled. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for CycleMaps premium is £8.99 / $9.99 USD per year and may vary from country to country.
Terms and conditions: https://cyclema.ps/terms
- Fixes rare crash when searching
- Fixes elevation chart colours in dark mode
- Fixes rare crash when exploring the help menu
- Fixes an issue with file import and iOS 13. Also in this release:
* \m/ Dark Dode \m/
* changes to ui colour schemes to make it simpler and more consistent
* store the route on Apple Health and Activity (premium feature)
* improve interface around planning ahead for a route
* improve search in Apple Watch
* fix rare crash when cycling
* improve behaviour of searching on iPhone and iPad
* fix rare crash around searching
* introduce list of features currently available to subscribers
We've uncovered some issues with the 'show cycle paths' option with iOS 13, so this feature is currently disabled - apologies.
Welcome to the 29th major release of CycleMaps. Should you like our app, please take a moment to review it in the App Store. It makes an enormous difference to us. Thank you.
Ratings and Reviews
I thought I already wrote a really positive review a few years ago but can’t find any trace of this now.
There’s some caveats to a full glowing endorsement however and I’d like to outline a few here and hopefully get a response please. Then I could write from a more informed perspective.
1. I can’t find how to reverse a journey anymore. I used to do this easily but I’d forgotten until I saw it mentioned in another review
2. It would be great to have alternative routes offered for journeys. Sometimes I’d prefer to avoid the cycle “superhighways”
3. I’d frequently like to give simple feedback on minor route improvements I see as I go along but it looks like one always has to writ a review of the app to do this - not the most user friendly way to communicate.
4. I’m sure I upgraded from the free version but am not sure. There’s no ads but I can’t seem to find anything in account info. (Perhaps I haven’t looked hard enough?) Also, I’m considering taking out the subscription but can’t find anything actually outlining the Ezra features available - except voice directions which I’m not particularly interested in. Is there something on this available? (Nothing in the AppStore I can find.
Lastly, just thank you. It’s a great app I use almost daily as I go to different parts of town for jobs. I have seen so many new routes and parts of London which I never knew existed or where they were, and it’s just very functional as is required.
Developer Response ,
Hi - thank you for your kind words. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. To answer your questions:
1. You can reverse a journey by going to edit and reorder the waypoints. The edit menu appears when you have the route open.
2. We don't offer alternatives.. at the moment. You can change your route type by going to menu -> settings -> route though
3. You're absolutely right. We will be offering a way to submit route feedback but it's not available yet.
4. If you don't have ads you're upgraded - thank you so much! A subscription gets you: no ads, Apple Watch app, route recalculation while cycling, voice instructions and more features that are coming very soon. You can see what features are available by going to menu -> upgrade -> more.
Apple watch app very disappointing
I was originally very happy that I found an app that allows cycling navigation using the Apple Watch. Except that, unfortunately, it doesn't – and it's due to trivial problems that indicate the developers haven't really road tested their app:
1. Why do you get some random orange dots instead of a line on the watch to show your way – I assume that this for some technical reason but it's not intuitive at all
2. For some unexplainable reason, the developers have chosen each route segment to be one straight segment. So, on the watch, you will always see the route until the next crossing. That's where the last of the "orange dots" is. Then you're left to guess – right, left or straight? No, the app won't automatically show the next segment when you arrive at the crossing, it will only show that a while later. So each time you arrive at a crossing, you try to guess only for – TADANG – the app to tell you 30 seconds later that you went wrong.
This app has probably caused the most frustrating cycling experience I have ever had in London. Quite frankly, it's easier to just use Google Maps and look at your phone at every crossing instead of using the Apple Watch app. Luckily I was still able to return my money.
Developer Response ,
Try the latest version: It offers turn by turn instructions and haptic feedback. You can see other segments of ride on the map by using the crown.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we're sorry you didn't find the apple watch version of the app useful. Unfortunately, there's a technical limitation with Apple Maps for third party apps on the apple watch - you can't draw lines. Until that's resolved, we decided to show a summary of each segment using the dots. However, you don't need to use the segments at all; if you're using the latest version of our app, you'll get turn by turn instructions with haptic feedback that notify you in advance of when you need to turn. In addition, should you need to stop and check the map, you can use the digital crown to look at next or previous segments. There's no need to just look at the current one, you can see what's coming next. Do you want to discuss this further? Please contact us at email@example.com. We're confident that we'll find you better routes than other apps and we'd love to get more feedback from you to get the Apple Watch app better. Thank you
Great routes, clunky UI
Have used the app several times to plan long-ish point to point rides around Yorkshire (50-80 miles) and it always comes up with quiet routes that are a pleasure to ride. It finds roads I’ve never used even quite close to home.
Where Google Maps is a lottery for cyclists - you often find yourself on fast A Roads or on rough tracks on a road bike - CycleMaps is extremely reliable. I like the fact that you can toggle cycle paths on and off, depending on your choice of bike.
Battery usage is reasonable for an app of this type.
I’m less keen on the UI which I find quite counterintuitive. Each time I come to use the app I’ve forgotten how to plan routes (ie not just starting from where I am now) and it can take several minutes to figure it out. Not sure why I get so confused, but it suggests that the app could be built better. Google Maps is *much* better at this - indeed any other Navigation app I’ve used.
Finally, I’ve noticed that the app occasionally freezes while searching for routes, but I’ve not had this problem while en route.
I haven’t yet paid for the ad free version, mainly because of the UI issues, but I would like to support the work the developers are doing, so I will do so now. Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
yeah, we know the UI is not as good as it could be, especially when planning a route starting from a different location to where you are. We're working on improving this and thank you very much for the review and support.
- motocode ltd
- 70.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 motocode ltd
- In-App Purchases
- CycleMaps Premium £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.