This app turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, detects harmful environmental noises, and helps protect your hearing and health.
"Decibel X" is the leading noise meter app on the market, which has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. Our success lies at the intersection of expertise in sound communication, listening to our dear users, and our vision to build a great product. Our app turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. While this pro tool mainly aids audio experts or workers prone to noise pollution, it can also add more fun and protect your hearing. Have you ever wondered how quiet your surroundings are or how loud is a rock concert or football match? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Health App integration: export noise levels directly into Health app.
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* EULA: http://www.skypaw.com/decibelx/terms.html
Thanks for using Decibel X! Here's what's new for the version 9.5.0:
∿ Tap on labels to change between AVG - MIN, PEAK - MAX
∿ Spectrum graph now shows peak value
∿ Tap on Instantaneous label to show its fullsreen mode
∿ Upgrade components
∿ Various improvements & fixes
What to expect in upcoming versions:
∿ Set notification alarm when exceeded a preset threshold
∿ Support external or bluetooth mics
∿ Hearing test
Ratings and Reviews
Self explanatory app
I only needed to measure the decibels of extreme noise generated by some endless works being carried out next door which was driving me insane. I wanted to have something tangible to show when I was confronted with the usual mantra: "Well, we all have different perception of noise" I am not an expert, but I found this app clear, intuitive and self explanatory. It perfectly fulfilled my basic requirements.
The report spoke by itself when I show it to builders with an average of 100db over a one hour period with two peaks of 108db and 114db respectively, enough to cause damage to the ear drum. The noise stopped.
Just what I need
I am hard of hearing and am keen to avoid places where noise is likely to cause further hearing loss. I used this app very often but since updating to version 11 for iPhone all I got were meaningless squiggles. I wrote a review to this effect and quickly received a reply telling me how to effect a temporary fix whilst waiting for an updated version. The app is now working properly again and I cannot thank the developers enough for both the app and the service they provide. Brilliant! I am so pleased that I have paid to have adverts removed and to export data.
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you pls try temporarily changing the device's display zoom to "Standard" for the moment (in the Settings/Display & Brightness/Display Zoom)? We found that it could be very likely that issue. Please let us know again if that can temporarily solve the problem or not? We're submitting the new version to fix it already and it will be live within a couple of days. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Excellent app, easy to use
There's nothing much to say about this, other than it's the best sound level meter app for iOS...it's very easy to use, the design is great, and it seems to be very accurate. Great for home, office, or out in the field - keep an ear on your work environment to make sure it's not too loud, because that can seriously damage your hearing long-term.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 34.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership £4.99
- Weekly Membership £1.99
- Annual Membership £29.49