Need a car for an hour day, or week? Rent one with the Getaround app, you’ll always have a car whenever and wherever you need one.
Getaround is the world's leading car sharing platform, with 70,000+ cars and 5 million users in 300+ cities.
All rentals are fully insured by Allianz and covered with roadside assistance by the AA.
Trusted by 5 million users
“Much cheaper than traditional rental, and cars closer to home.”
“Super! I prefer to book cars from car owners on this app than to go to an agency. Fast and effective.”
“I’ve used it for 4 years to rent my car. Very easy to use.”
“Really practical. The app unlocking system that allows you to open a vehicle with your phone is perfect.”
“Very convenient for car renting in London. No hidden costs. Suitable for drivers from outside of EU with valid international driving permit.”
“Perfect app to rent your car when you don't need it and get some money.”
The principle and the app are awesome! Sharing is caring !!"
Rent a car in seconds
1. Find available cars around you
2. Choose the right one for your trip
3. Book from a local owner
4. Unlock the car with your phone
5. Return when you’re done
Getaround anywhere in Europe
- France: Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Lille, Marseille, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Nice, Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport...
- United Kingdom: London, Heathrow Airport and more to come...
- Germany: Berlin, Berlin Tegel Airport, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Frankfurt International Airport…
- Spain: Barcelona, Barcelona-El Prat Airport, Madrid, Madrid Barajas Airport
- Belgium: Brussels, Antwerpen, Liège, Ghent...
A car for every trip
- Family cars for a holiday with the kids
- Spacious vans for moving out
- City cars for errands around town
- Premium cars for business meetings
- Minibuses for road trips with friends
Use Getaround for
- Weekend getaways
- Family holidays
- Exploring outside the city
- Visiting friends and family
- Moving out
- Business trips
- Running errands
- Going shopping
- Road trips
- Client meetings
Getaround for business
- Pay for trips with a company credit card
- Download rental receipts for expense reports
- Rent premium cars for client appointments
Own a car? Make it work for you
- Earn money by renting out your car on Getaround
- All rentals are covered with comprehensive insurance by Allianz
- Share your car effortlessly with our remote sharing technology, Getaround Connect
- Easily manage all your rentals with the app
Find out more at https://uk.getaround.com/rent-your-car
Send us your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter @getaround_uk and Instagram @getaround_uk
Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/getaround
Have a question? Visit uk.getaround.com/help
Drivy is now Getaround
New name, new logo... more possibilities!
Update the app to keep renting shared cars near you, now available to book by the hour.
Enjoying Getaround? Please leave us a review. Your feedback helps to steer us in the right direction!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Quite good but a few ways to improve.
Overall the service works pretty fine. My two main issues were:
- Payments: it took me 4 different credit cards before my payment could go through. I doubt everyone has so many... Drivy actually had two cards locked down by the issuers over concerns of fraud.
- pickup: it would be good if, when the car is available (say 15 minutes before the rental start) and you’re standing next to it, the app would either let you take it or amend your booking to start earlier. I ended up waiting next to the car for 15 minutes (since rental slots are in 30 minutes increment, I couldn’t amend it to start 30 minutes earlier on grounds that “rentals can’t start in the past”)
An expensive waste of time!
I had one good experience with getaround, followed swiftly by one awful experience.
The car broke down almost immediately, so we had to wait with the car for the AA to come and fix it. We had no choice to find alternative transport because we had an unwanted and unmoving car on our hands. Four hours after picking it up we set off on our (by that point) pretty urgent journey. When we spoke to Getaround, a complete lack of customer service ensued and they offered no compensation, not even for the hours that we were forced to add on and pay extra for since we were four hours behind schedule. If my train or flight was delayed by four hours then I would expect a full refund, whether or not I made use of the service, and especially if finding alternative means of travel is completely impossible.
Good way of getting other people to hang around with your vehicle when you need your car to be fixed, however.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this experience, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you have encountered on your last rental.
Can you please reach out via uk.getaround.com/contact with your email address and rental number so that we can have a look into this and resolve the matter.
Very nice and easy to work, very quickly you’ll be done with check in and check out. I recommend to have possibilities to deliver the car every where, not only to the airport.
1. If I’ll deliver the car to the airport who’s pay the barrier tax? (Eg: Heathrow £10)
2. If I’ll not be available in time when the car should be delivered, I recommend to leave the key in a safe place but with the signature what’s happened?
Overall I have trust, I like and I’ll use again the App
- 54.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Getaround SAS 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.