Here is why Drops the #1 pick for you:
– Ever felt entertained while learning a new language? Now you will! Drops has a game-changing approach to language learning - literally. We took the “boring” out of vocabulary learning!
– Professionally curated vocabulary list with more than 2600 words
– Every single word is beautifully illustrated: connect the new words to illustrations rather than translations. Faster, better and more fun! :)
– Crystal-clear audio created by professional voice actors covering 100% of our content
– Learn how to write: character learning helps you pick up any new alphabet or writing system using your only smartphone
– Advanced statistics: after each session you’ll see your daily progress with a detailed report of all words that you studied
• American English / British English
• Spanish / Latin-American Spanish
• European Portuguese / Brazilian Portuguese
• Mandarin Chinese / Cantonese
• Tagalog (Filipino)
Only 5 minutes a day:
Drops limits your learning time to 5 minutes. This might sound crazy but it works like charm. Learning a new language might feel overwhelming, but by chunking down into 5-minute sprints, the obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to learn that new language are made obsolete.. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes! The time limit encourages intense focus which further enhances the effectiveness of memorization.
100% visual learning:
Every single word is beautifully illustrated. Your eyes will appreciate the gorgeous pictures and your mind will store the new memories more efficiently. You won’t have use the word of your native language, but instead, connect the new words to the illustration of the meaning. Faster, better and more fun! :)
We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
Strategic vocabulary selection:
The “what” is perhaps more important than “how”. We handpicked 2600+ practical words in 100 topics that you’ll actually use when you let’s say travel to a country where your new language is spoken.
Keep tuned as even more languages are in the works!
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Learn how to say “I love you” in a new language with Drops! Families come in all shapes and sizes, and our revamped family topics will help you describe yours. Dig deeper into your family tree with vocabulary for adoption and fostering.
Ratings and Reviews
Drops is all about wordplay. It gamifies the process of learning a language; choose your discipline from a dropdown of more than 30 languages, pick a mission – enthusiast, traveller, business student or romantic – and let the games begin. You can switch your mission any time.
I started with the free version, which was good- you get a 5 min session per day. A good little selection of activities to learn and select the right words/phrases. Can learn any of the languages they have, but only 5 mins per day. After a few weeks i upgraded to premium lifetime membership as it was half price, and I love it. I’m currently learning french, and plan to learn hindi after that. With the upgraded version, you can choose how long you want your session to last (5,10, 15 mins, or unlimited). You can do as many sessions as you like in a day then. The Dojo is good for going over words you have already learnt, so that you don’t forget them, and it finds the words you struggled with in the sessions so that you can practice them more. I love the way the streaks work, you can miss a day then practice again the day after and still keep your streak alive. I tend to practice about 3-4 times a week, and I’m still able to easily achieve good streaks. I like how you can see your progress as well with the word counter (novice, tourist, then conversationalist). It’s nice and easy to use, and it has a positive and encouraging feel to it, which makes it more fun to use. I’m using this as a foundation before going onto sentences etc, as i use to use duolingo but found it a bit overwhelming so this is great as a first step in learning a language. Then from here you can easily expand your knowledge. :)
Excellent vocabulary builder!
I love the app, it’s what I’d been searching for for a while, a brilliant vocabulary builder with an amazing interface broken down into topics at which you have free reign to choose from. What I especially love is that words learnt are catalogued so it becomes a dictionary built of the words you know and neatly organised into the categories from which you learnt them. The search feature is also especially useful!
My only issue with the app is verbs, specifically the Spanish section as that is the one I’m using as I’ve been using. Whilst I know the app isn’t designed to particularly teach grammar, there are inconsistencies which could easily confuse new learners. Verbs are presented in the “I” forms, yo bebo, yo como etc, however some verbs are shown without the yo in front which whilst still a correct translation could give the impression that yo isn’t required for all verbs. It also makes it difficult to determine to infinitive of the word, comer, beber etc which is important to know so you know how to conjugate the verb to other forms.
Other than this minor issue I’m very impressed with the app and will be subscribing once my free trial is over. Thank you for such a great app I’m really learning a lot from it!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLANB LABS OU
- 159 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Premium £8.49
- All Language Learning Plans £59.99
- Genius for a month £6.99
- Holiday premium! £34.99
- Curious for a month £22.99
- Unlimited time for all Languages! £49.99
- Language Genius: Free trial £7.49
- Daily 10 minutes bonus £34.99
- Premium £35.99
- Unlimited time! £42.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.