Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on your iOS device. By syncing your research library across iOS, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
The EndNote app includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X9 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
New in this release:
* Dark mode support.
* Search within PDF attachments.
* Improved PDF annotation tools and handling.
* Fixed issues with 3rd party storage linking (i.e. OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox).
* iOS compatibility updates.
* Numerous other more minor bug fixes.
We are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback.
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ios/contact
Ratings and Reviews
Oh my, they have done an itty-bitty update! Ok, so here is what they still don't have, which software produced even by one-man bands (as opposed to huge multi-nationals) does have: autofill of journal/book details; 'smart' (query) groups'; different style options with import of styles from Zotero; any way to see annotations in a list, separate from the PDF file; easy export of PDF annotations; library switching; an easy way to view static and smart groups...Is this really the best these folk can do? On the very limited plus side, a very nice UI.
Endnote for iPad is likely intended as a companion app to the desktop experience, itself sometime of a frustrating experience. Here, papers are marked as favourites - but the desktop uses star ratings. Here, syncing with your online library occasionally just stops working, so you have to delete the app and reload everything. Except it crashes. So now I have to manually look through around 2,000 items and choose to make the attachments available offline.
Crashes, glaring conflicts with the companion apps, and no real confidence that it might change anytime soon. I’m pretty locked into Endnote but look at the alternatives before you commit.
Frustrating - sync problems
When I first downloaded the app it worked really well - I like the annotation and underline features when reading papers. BUT when I added new references and clicked ‘sync’ they didn’t show up in my library on iPad which makes it a bit useless really. It was SO good at first, please sort out the sync issues!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 96.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Clarivate Analytics
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.